Ventura Investigating: Camera Continuity and DRM

Landi.erik

AMD OS X Member
Hi AMD OSX fellows, I had a quick couple of questions to pose to the group.

Has anyone gotten Camera Continuity working between iPhone and Hackintosh?
-Is this a limitation of the hackintosh similar to lack of sidecar functionality because lack of T2 chip?

The Camera import function and handoff is functional, however if I try to activate Camera Continuity in Facetime I get an error after 1-2 minuets of a black screen.

Does a lack of T2 chip also disable 4K playback on AppleTV application?

AppleTV application\HDCP does function as I get 1080P playback, however I am not able to get 4K resolution.

I'm running -iMacPro1,1 on OC 0.8.6 with a RX6900XT

Solution
Continuity Camera finally works. Details posted here:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hi AMD OSX fellows, I had a quick couple of questions to pose to the group.

Has anyone gotten Camera Continuity working between iPhone and Hackintosh?
-Is this a limitation of the hackintosh similar to lack of sidecar functionality because lack of T2 chip?

The Camera import function and handoff is functional, however if I try to activate Camera Continuity in Facetime I get an error after 1-2 minuets of a black screen.

Does a lack of T2 chip also disable 4K playback on AppleTV application?

AppleTV application\HDCP does function as I get 1080P playback, however I am not able to get 4K resolution.

I'm running -iMacPro1,1 on OC 0.8.6 with a RX6900XT
Sidecar works on AMD with the proper setup. For DRM you either remove WhateverGreen completely (Navi doesn't need it) or add unfairgva=1 to boot-args.

Landi.erik

AMD OS X Member
Sidecar works on AMD with the proper setup. For DRM you either remove WhateverGreen completely (Navi doesn't need it) or add unfairgva=1 to boot-args.
Hmm, well I double checked @Shaneee 's EFI folder and he still uses WhateverGreen for his RX6800OC (I have a ref RX6900XT) and he is NOT running UnfairGVA in his boot args or PCI device properties. I tried disabling WhateverGreen which resulted in a black display after user login screen so I don't think that's going to work.

DRM works but I can not get video resolution past 1080P meaning I can use AppleTV application just no 4K content and no 4K netflix via safari. Sidecar requires iMac20,1 right?

edit: I did some more digging through the forums and found that other X470\X570 users are also getting the same black screen on continuity camera. It's not the end of the world because I have Logitech Brio (like someone else in comments) but I't trying to figure out why x670 seems to be okay. I wonder if AVX-512 instruction support has something to do with it.

Last edited:

kuzak

AMD OS X Member

Issues​
Severity​
Affected Models​
Potential Fix/Work-Around​
Weather app crash when scrolling to bottom​
Semi-Functional​
Intel Ivy and Haswell iGPUs​
Don't scroll to bottom, hide Sidebar, or enter full screen​
Font Book app crashes arsometimes​
Semi-Functional​
Missing Fonts in Books, Font Book and Calendar​
Semi-Functional​
Intel Ivy Bridge iGPUs​
News and Photos Widget crashing Notification Centre​
Non-Functional​
Boot in safe mode, remove affected Widgets​
Native Metal 3 eGPUs may report as Metal 2​
Cosmetic​
Haswell iGPUs​
Has no effect on driver feature set​
Blackscreen on Continuity Camera
Semi-Functional
Intel Ivy - Skylake iGPUs, AMD patched GPUs and Nvidia Kepler GPUs
Use Camo

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Continuity Camera finally works. Details posted here:

Solution
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.