USB Issue

cpwned

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

I've been stuck on the same issue for the past 3-4 days. I've been trying to install macos on my computer for the first time, but I've been getting stuck on the following error message:

iousbhostinterface matching deferred by iousbhosthiddevice

Some context: This happens after I make a bootable usb and start the installation of Big Sur. The installation finishes, I reboot to opencore bootloader, I select Macos installer, the lines of text stop at this exact error message every time. The message appears after my kexts load in, specifically after either the realtek lan kext or intel wireless airport kext. After that, I get the prohibited symbol and the text looks corrupted.

What I've tried so far: Using all usb ports on my mobo, using a usb 2.0 and 3.0 stick, all of the troubleshooting on the 'prohibited symbol' section of the dortania guide. I've tried both the prebuilt ssdt file and my own from ssdt time (with the amd usbx ssdt file). I've tried both catalina and big sur, and tried opencore 0.6.6 and 0.6.4 but to no avail yet.

My specs:
Ryzen 5 1400
MSI B350M bazooka
16GB DDR4 3200
MSI RX 580 4GB OC
160 GB Toshiba 5400rpm Hard Drive

If someone has a working EFI with similar specs, a USB map for my motherboard, a fix for this error code, or knows how I can dig deeper and find the exact issue, please let me know.
Thank you

Edit: I managed to fix it. For anyone with the same issue:

If you check dortania's guide, errors related to the usb are grouped under 'prohibited sign', and for amd cpus, one of the fixes is 'usb reset'. You have to open ssdttime and select 7. Usb reset, and add the usb reset .aml file to your acpi folder (and do a clean snapshot in config.plist). I had tried this before, and it didn't work. However, if you check the results folder in ssdttime, there is also a dsdt.aml file as well. Adding that file to the ahci folder seems to have done the trick. The opencore guides all say to add ec-usbx.aml to the ahci folder as well, if you're on an amd platform. I DID NOT add that file, and it's running perfectly fine. My acpi folder looks like this:
Ssdt-ec.aml
Dsdt.aml
Ssdt-usb-reset.aml

It's running on oc 0.6.5 and I've also added these boot-args (in addition to the standard ones): -x USBBusFix=Yes

For those of you who might have a similar issue and want to dig deeper, check if your motherboard has more than one usb controller, or any third party usb controllers. My motherboard has 2 controllers and one is a third party controller as well, so I'm guessing that might have been the problem.

Last edited:

suyogschavan03

AMD OS X Member
Hey man, i also have same problem
Hi guys,

I've been stuck on the same issue for the past 3-4 days. I've been trying to install macos on my computer for the first time, but I've been getting stuck on the following error message:

iousbhostinterface matching deferred by iousbhosthiddevice

Some context: This happens after I make a bootable usb and start the installation of Big Sur. The installation finishes, I reboot to opencore bootloader, I select Macos installer, the lines of text stop at this exact error message every time. The message appears after my kexts load in, specifically after either the realtek lan kext or intel wireless airport kext. After that, I get the prohibited symbol and the text looks corrupted.

What I've tried so far: Using all usb ports on my mobo, using a usb 2.0 and 3.0 stick, all of the troubleshooting on the 'prohibited symbol' section of the dortania guide. I've tried both the prebuilt ssdt file and my own from ssdt time (with the amd usbx ssdt file). I've tried both catalina and big sur, and tried opencore 0.6.6 and 0.6.4 but to no avail yet.

My specs:
Ryzen 5 1400
MSI B350M bazooka
16GB DDR4 3200
MSI RX 580 4GB OC
160 GB Toshiba 5400rpm Hard Drive

If someone has a working EFI with similar specs, a USB map for my motherboard, a fix for this error code, or knows how I can dig deeper and find the exact issue, please let me know.
Thank you

Edit: I managed to fix it. For anyone with the same issue:

If you check dortania's guide, errors related to the usb are grouped under 'prohibited sign', and for amd cpus, one of the fixes is 'usb reset'. You have to open ssdttime and select 7. Usb reset, and add the usb reset .aml file to your acpi folder (and do a clean snapshot in config.plist). I had tried this before, and it didn't work. However, if you check the results folder in ssdttime, there is also a dsdt.aml file as well. Adding that file to the ahci folder seems to have done the trick. The opencore guides all say to add ec-usbx.aml to the ahci folder as well, if you're on an amd platform. I DID NOT add that file, and it's running perfectly fine. My acpi folder looks like this:
Ssdt-ec.aml
Dsdt.aml
Ssdt-usb-reset.aml

It's running on oc 0.6.5 and I've also added these boot-args (in addition to the standard ones): -x USBBusFix=Yes

For those of you who might have a similar issue and want to dig deeper, check if your motherboard has more than one usb controller, or any third party usb controllers. My motherboard has 2 controllers and one is a third party controller as well, so I'm guessing that might have been the problem.
Hey man, I've got same issue. I've tried all the fixes you stated above but no result can you help me in that?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You should never, I repeat never use the system DSDT.aml when booting with OpenCore.
The system DSDT.aml is automatically loaded by OpenCore from the system ACPI.
Unless it has been patched, to fix an issue that can't be fixed by adding a custom SSDT. It does/fixes nothing, I repeat fixes nothing on your system.

Using a custom SSDT-USB-Reset.aml, created using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script and the system DSDT.aml is the only fix that is relevant in the first post.

suyogschavan03

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, i also has the same doubt about dsdt.aml thanks for clearing the things. but error is remain same. ☹️

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.