Upgrade to RX 6650 XT

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,
I just bought a new gpu, the Asus Strix RX 6650 XT.
My previous gpu was the RX 570 and everything worked fine.

With this new gpu i knew i had to do a gpu spoof... so i tried by setting SSDT-BRG0 but no luck at the moment.

Do you have a guide or any tips for me?

Thank you in advance!

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,
I just bought a new gpu, the Asus Strix RX 6650 XT.
My previous gpu was the RX 570 and everything worked fine.

With this new gpu i knew i had to do a gpu spoof... so i tried by setting SSDT-BRG0 but no luck at the moment.

Do you have a guide or any tips for me?

Thank you in advance!
Besides the SSDT you also need to add the device-id in the DeviceProperties section of the config.plist. You can find it using Gfxutil. See here #1,304

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
So I did that and now it boots just fine, but it says my gpu has 7 mb of memory... and it is slow... I don't understand why... help :cry:

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I just want to update with the solution I found:
I did a double check of my efi and then
Under NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args, append the boot arg agdpmod=pikera -radcodec

Cheers :cool:

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG0.zip
    240 bytes · Views: 10

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you sir.. it turns out my Gigabyte 6650 OC work out of the box with a simple Device ID spoof.. but I will save your SSDT-BRGO in case I need it at some point.

It turns out that not disabling the iGPU of my 7950X caused issues with GFXBench Metal. but once I disabled the iGPU it came to life.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Thank you sir.. it turns out my Gigabyte 6650 OC work out of the box with a simple Device ID spoof.. but I will save your SSDT-BRGO in case I need it at some point.

It turns out that not disabling the iGPU of my 7950X caused issues with GFXBench Metal. but once I disabled the iGPU it came to life.
Most AMD desktops don't need bridge definitions for Navi cards.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.