Upgrade Monterey to Ventuna 13.2.1, installer stuck in [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

kenny

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone

I've created a new APFS volume for Ventuna and run the installer from Monterey. When it restarted, it stuck.

Opencore is the latest 0.9.0. I've checked the kernel patches (the cpu core numbers) and all kexts are updated. Monterey 12.6 works on the same config.

I've attached the EFI and the opencore log.

The hardware list,

Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
AMD 3700X
AMD RX5500XT
64 GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 6
  • opencore-2023-03-12-log.txt.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 7

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Are you using the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches?

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
no he doesn't..and also he is using 2 ethernet kext for the same i211 I think and one of them is not working for sure

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
As Mariettosun pointed out you have 52 kernel patches being loaded where there should only be 19, 18 of which are used. See here:

kenny

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the replies. I've removed all the items under the kernel patch and copied in the latest one. With the correct core number set, the problem has been solved.
I attached the new config.plist in case someone has a similar issue.

Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
AMD 3700X

Attachments

• config.plist
    46 KB · Views: 17

kenny

AMD OS X Member
Finally got Ventuna works on my mb. Here's a trick for those with similar hardware.
By the time of this post, the kext for the intel wifi shall be the 2.2.0 debug version for Ventuna, otherwise, it gets stuck in the login window.
And I disabled AppleIGB.kext as mariettosun pointed out, using SmallTreeIntel82576.kext. I don't use a wire connection so I am not sure if it works.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.