Updating / tweaking config.plist file

Adger560

AMD OS X Member
Hey Guys,

quietly losing my mind -

I am running a completely stable catalina build using opencore 0.56 on a Ryzen9 3900

It works fine. I do however have a number of tweaks I want to do to my config.plist file. (remove verbose etc)

The only issue is, whenever I change any values, and I mean ANY values whatsoever in propertree - it results in the following error, before getting to the boot picker

OCS: Aborting corrupted config.plist file access

I've double checked the new config file in sanity checker and it checks out fine -
plus, I can roll back to the previous config.plist file and it works perfectly

Is there something going on where by making a change, my config file is being corrupted or the permissions changing or something? It seems like as soon as I change any part of it, it becomes un-readable to opencore.

Im guessing its something to do with the createVault tool? do I have to repeat the createVault step each time I adjust the config.plist file so that it updates the vault.plist?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You shouldn't need to use createVault. Vault should be set to optional in your config. Change that and recopy the OpenCore.efi file from a fresh download as the createVault tool signs the file. Then you can make any modifications you need to. Just don't run the createVault tool after and set it to Optional.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.