Updating to opencore 0.85 for Ventura

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I just updated my Efi to opencore 0.85, but i'm not really sure if my config.plist is properly updated.
With it I can still boot to my Monterey as always, but i don't want to break everything for Ventura.

Can you help me to check if my config.plist is fine? And if it's ready for Ventura?

I attach the file.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• config.plist
    34 KB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Airportitlwm.kext needs to be updated to the latest/Alpha release, as they have not released a new kext for Ventura.

You shouldn't need NullEthernet.kext when you are using RealtekRTL8111.kext for your built-in Ethernet controller.

You need to update the version of OC you are using, as the config.plist you posted is not compatible with OC 0.8.5. Some obsolete entries are present
  • AllowNvramReset & AllowToggleSip in the Misc > Security section
  • These have both been replaced by a Firmware/driver in the last few releases of OC.
You meed to update the AMD Kernel Patches to the latest release.
  • The version you are using has 16 children/patches.
  • The latest version that works with Ventura has 18 children/patches.
  • The Patches you are using do not mention Ventura 13.0, the latest release does include patches for Ventura.
  • Latest release can be downloaded from this site - https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla
Other than those items your config looks OK and fit for use with the system in your profile signature.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Thank you!
I updated Airportitlwm.kext and removed NullEthernet.kext, but seems i really can't update the config.plist to the OC 0.8.5... Can you help me, please?

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
So i update my config.plist with the ventura patches. I run the update to Ventura, i see the apple logo and the loading bar... but it stacks at about 50% 😭

I tried to use other EFIs i found in the forum, but no luck at the moment 😭

Help 😣

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I just want to update my situation: i was able to update to Ventura!
But I have a big problem... after about 20-30 seconds the pc turns off on his own...
Do you know what could be the problem?

Thank you in advance

pampas

AMD OS X Member
So i update my config.plist with the ventura patches. I run the update to Ventura, i see the apple logo and the loading bar... but it stacks at about 50% 😭

I tried to use other EFIs i found in the forum, but no luck at the moment 😭

Help 😣
I have the same situation as you

rthpjm

AMD OS X Member
I found that the “stable” version 2.1.0 of Airportitlwm.kext was causing kernel panics on my system. I upgraded to version 2.2.0 even though it is flagged as “alpha development” at the moment. Since upgrading to version 2.2.0 Airportitlwm.kext my system has been stable.

If like me you also edit your config.plist (rather than starting from clean each time), then double-check the min-kernel and the max-kernel properties. I found that some of my entries had a max-kernel value of 21.99.99 (which is Monterey). This prevented some of the needed kernel extensions and kernel patches from loading in Ventura… Check and double-check!…

Last edited:

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I updated some kext and then the problem was solved :)

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You have to also make sure all your kexts are updated and you have to manually update the AMD CPU Power Management kexts

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.