Updating OC from 0.8.1 to 0.9.3 failed

Havakak

AMD OS X Member
I have a working Monterey 12.6.7 system with OC 0.8.1. Recently I've decided to update Opencore from 0.8.1 to 0.9.3.

I've opened the manual and the guide. Collected kexts, downloaded the OC binary. Set my config.plist both reading the guide and checking with 0.8.1 config file. Pasted the Kernel Patches. Thanks to Shanee.

But I haven't been able to boot the system with my new EFI. As far as I am checking my new config it should work. Can someone please help me? I uploaded both my working old EFI and the new one that does not boot. Also you can find the Opencore boot log.

Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI_working_0.8.1.zip
    25 MB · Views: 1
  • EFI_notworking_0.9.3.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2023-06-23-102001.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
Solution
Thank you but still not working. I'll post the boot log in this week.

I've tried the opencore updater from mswgen. Luckily it worked very well. No issues at all.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I have a working Monterey 12.6.7 system with OC 0.8.1. Recently I've decided to update Opencore from 0.8.1 to 0.9.3.

I've opened the manual and the guide. Collected kexts, downloaded the OC binary. Set my config.plist both reading the guide and checking with 0.8.1 config file. Pasted the Kernel Patches. Thanks to Shanee.

But I haven't been able to boot the system with my new EFI. As far as I am checking my new config it should work. Can someone please help me? I uploaded both my working old EFI and the new one that does not boot. Also you can find the Opencore boot log.

Thank you.
I had a look at your EFI and found out it had the following errors under the Kernel > Patches section:

Screen Shot 2023-06-23 at 7.51.17 PM.png

Anyways I've updated and corrected the mistakes (which also includes misplaced kext loads as well as adding missing .efi essential drivers).
Give it a try.

Attachments

• EFI-new.zip
    32 MB · Views: 1

Havakak

AMD OS X Member
Thank you but still not working. I'll post the boot log in this week.

I've tried the opencore updater from mswgen. Luckily it worked very well. No issues at all.

Last edited:
Solution

RARAOLIVE

AMD OS X Member

Thank you.
it solved or not? bro?

Havakak

AMD OS X Member
mswgen's oc updater worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.