update from store

adahox

AMD OS X Member
Guys, I'm finally installed my Catalina OS. there's some problem if I update system from store? or I should do it using openCore ?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You can use the System Preferences > Software Update wizard to update your system natively like a real Mac.

Which version of macOS are you looking to update to? Not macOS Monterey I hope, as MSI motherboards have issues running Monterey. Big Sur would be a better option for your MSI motherboard.

You might be better served getting all the standard Post-Install issues resolved in macOS Catalina before updating. Things like configuring your USB ports are really important and if you try to do this in Big Sur you will find it a lot more difficult. As the XhciPortLimit quirk you are currently using, stopped working in macOS Big Sur 11.3 and newer.

adahox

AMD OS X Member
Got it. actually Im thinking to use Big Sur since is the last version required for some apps in apple store like Xcode for example . but good to know about post-install issues. because right now I've lot of them since the shutdown that gives me a kernel panic and don't shutdown the pc (ya., its true) to some basic like audio drive, usb plug and play.....bluetooth and so on.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.