Unable to upgrade to Ventura

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I'm trying to upgrade from Monterey to Ventura and I keep getting this issue in the screenshot. The kernel just stops, I have tried googling the issue and I've found mixed answers that don't truly help me because I don't know much about this stuff. My specs are in my signature but I do not use the intel wifi/bt card anymore as I use one of Apples BCM94360CS2. I'm hoping someone has some advice. I have tried using sanity checker but that has not helped as it tells me incorrect issues. It was telling me that I was missing 2 drivers that were actually there. I'm happy to stay on Monterey if necessary, but if I can upgrade, it would be great. Thx

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 4
  • CC505B3E-8B08-4109-AF7A-709DA653A4CD_1_105_c.jpeg
    CC505B3E-8B08-4109-AF7A-709DA653A4CD_1_105_c.jpeg
    345.9 KB · Views: 20

shnyaps

AMD OS X Member
Did you try to create new config? step by step.
Do you have latest Open Core, kexts?
I had the same issue. Big Sur worked like a charm, but I couldn't update to Monterey & Ventura.
I decided to recreate config - I have Ventura 13.1 Beta at the moment

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
Did you try to create new config? step by step.
Do you have latest Open Core, kexts?
I had the same issue. Big Sur worked like a charm, but I couldn't update to Monterey & Ventura.
I decided to recreate config - I have Ventura 13.1 Beta at the moment
I am a little concerned about editing my current setup without having a backup plan to reinstall a fresh install. I am unable to to download the way I usually do with Opencore macrecovery.py because there is no option for Ventura. This has also hindered my additional troubleshooting of this issue as the only additional way I understand to download is from the App Store or through gibMacOS-master. The gibMacOS way of downloading is confusing me a little about the EFI setup.

- If I download through macrecovery.py then I need to create the EFI folder with the installation .dmg file etc and adding the OC folder with the edited (New) config.plist.

- If I download through gibMacOS-master then there is no EFI folder (and this is the only way I can download Ventura currently). This is what is confusing me.
- I have been trying to troubleshoot if this installation issue is due to a faulty USB stick. But because of the way my dreaded brain works I cannot move forward because I cannot create a backup installation USB. Once I have my backup plan ready, I can then test the newly created config.plist that I now have ready.

Do I need an EFI file when I download a full installer from gibMacOS ?
If I do, then where is it located?
If I don't, then do I just edit the one the installer makes?

I honestly hope I'm making sense. I am not new to Hackintosh but I am still a newbie with understanding some, what feels like common knowledge. I'm sorry if I confused anyone, I tend to explain things too much haha

Edit: I have downloaded the latest OC and have that ready to go with all the correct drivers and kexts etc.

Edit 2: I just had a total "Ding Dong Your So Silly and Blind" moment! I thought the the download string in the text doc was for Big Sur. When I watched the Big Sur video, this is the download string placed into the terminal the person didn't explain that this code must change with each new version. Not needing a new string for every new version. Unless the Ventura vid I was just watching is linking the incorrect download option for Ventura (which is possible), but I have the download happening and got the USB ready to test in a few moments.

./macrecovery.py -b Mac-B4831CEBD52A0C4C -m 00000000000000000 -os latest

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
This is one of the download commands for Ventura:
python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-4B682C642B45593E -m 00000000000000000 download

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
This is one of the download commands for Ventura:
python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-4B682C642B45593E -m 00000000000000000 download
Thank you so much for that. I’ve downloaded it and it is currently installing. I also removed AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext as I believe that might have been interfering with the installer.

Last edited:

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Thank you so much for that. I’ve downloaded it and it is currently installing. I also removed AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext as I believe that might have been interfering with the installer.
The latest version of AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement will NOT interfere. Make sure it's the latest one, 0.7 will make it panic.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
There must have been something in my config.plist that was causing the issue then. The only other thing that I did differently with this install was that I downloaded the EFI that @Edhawk foxed for me in one of my other topics. I re-downloaded that EFI and removed the unnecessary Wi-Fi and BT kexts that I use to need. I don’t know what was in my config.plist that was causing the issue but it’s working now, thankfully. The system is currently installing.

DancingShinryu

AMD OS X Member
I have completed the Upgrade to Ventura without any issues as all. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.