Unable to boot macOS Big Sur on my Ryzen

theBreadCompany

AMD OS X Member
Hello guys,
I have issues getting macOS 11/10.16 on my Hacintosh working. I already searched in the forums nut found nothing that helped me, so had to create this thread.
I already updated OC with newest build (07/17/2020) and applied the necessary boot flags, so now I have -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 npci=0x2000 alcid=1 -lilubetaall vsmcgen=1 agdpmod=pikera as well as the switch for using PrevinkedKernel (booster-fileset-basesystem and booter-fileset-kernel in the NVRAM section). In this video (with crappy quality, sorry) you can see what happens after the image validation. For those who don't want to download 27 MBs, the attached pictures try to show what happens, too (Root validation, failed kext loading etc.)

Attachments

• Image_1.png
    Image_1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
  • Image_2.png
    Image_2.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 45
  • Image_3.png
    Image_3.png
    4 MB · Views: 43
  • Image_4.png
    Image_4.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

shuhung

AMD OS X Member
as well as the switch for using PrevinkedKernel (booster-fileset-basesystem and booter-fileset-kernel in the NVRAM section)

BigSur installion must be in Kernel Collection mode, SIGABRT looping issue usually caused by variables in NVRAM (like, booter-fileset-basesystem and booter-fileset-kernel), do not use PrelinkedKernel mode for fresh install.

1,Add prefix # to disable PrelinkedKernel mode

#booter-fileset-basesystem
#booter-fileset-kernel

2,CleanNVRAM from OC 0.60 menu, reboot then fresh install

theBreadCompany

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much! I got it booting after I applied your advises, recognized that the agpdmod flag has to be written without a dash (-), and "fixed" the prohibited circle issue by reinserting the USB while booting.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.