Try to install MacOS on AMD laptop (Asus TUF A17 FA706IE)

ylamarche

AMD OS X Member
I'm trying to install mac os on my laptop, but i get a prohibited icon at boot, tried a lot of thing but nothing worked.
Drivers folder:
1705109317681.png

Kexts folder:
1705109339927.png

(laptop as some modification, 32gb ram and allocated 2gb of shared memory to the iGPU. Also changed SSDs, it as a 2tb Crucial NVME and a 1tb WD NVME)

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
  • opencore-2024-01-12-201713.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm trying to install mac os on my laptop, but i get a prohibited icon at boot, tried a lot of thing but nothing worked.
Drivers folder:
View attachment 13111

Kexts folder:
View attachment 13112

(laptop as some modification, 32gb ram and allocated 2gb of shared memory to the iGPU. Also changed SSDs, it as a 2tb Crucial NVME and a 1tb WD NVME)
You are missing an essential kext needed for AMD machines at minimum. AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext should be present and enabled. I'd you have an Nvidia dGPU that also needs to be disabled typically using an appropriate SSDT. I searched and cannot find a success story using your processor here or anywhere else, it doesn't mean it's not possible it's just not documented. There are several attempts here but no posts stating they got it booting.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Also, make sure you have gone through the Bios and set those accordingly, disable secure boot, num lock etc...

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.