ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 AMD : Boots to online installer but issues

frank0285

AMD OS X Member
Issues are : Non functional touchpad , wifi dont work , its extremely slow (that might be my 11 year old usb stick though) but it can't connect to apple recovery server , i used the tonymacx86 guide that allowed me to make a online installer usb , i used nootedred to get it to boot, i will provide EFI folder on request.
Spec :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5675U
GPU : AMD Radeon Vega 7 graphics (2GB UMA size)
SSD : 512GB SAMSUNG NVMe Opal 2.0 encryption standard
RAM : Ramaxel 16.0GB SODIMM 3200MHz DDR4
TPM 2.0
I would need to make a offline usb or a tutorial for one
OS version (main) : Windows 10 Professional 22H2
OS version (trying to install) : macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Samsung NVME drive you are using might be part of the reason for the slow boot. These drives are not recommended as macOS Boot drives, as the drive controller can cause issues in macOS.

Mouse/Touchpad not working is usually because you are missing essential kexts. See this section of the Gathering Files page on the Dortania OC guide.

Depending on which WiFi/BT card you are using in your laptop, will dictate whether there are compatible kexts for it to work in macOS. Look in the WiFi & BT sections on the page linked above for an idea of the kexts you might need for your specific WiFi/BT card. You will need to confirm by using Windows Device Manager which Touchpad you have, so you select the correct kexts for your system.

Here is a link to three methods for creating the USB, depending on the OS you are using.

To download a full macOS Installation app/folder use Corpnewt's gibMacOS script, you can use it in Windows as well as macOS. By default it should offer to download macOS Catalina 10.15.7 up to and including the latest version of Sonoma.

Select the Green button named 'Code' then select Download Zip, to obtain a copy of the necessary folder and files.

I would also recommend you use Corpnewt's ProperTree Plist Editor, again this works in Windows and macOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.