Thinkbook 14p Ryzen R7 5800H stuck at LOG:EXITBS:START

kingtouse

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I'm new to AMD hackintosh. I've heard NootRed has 5xxx Vega 8 support and I'm trying to hackintosh my laptop. I followed the steps on AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla: Native AMD macOS via OpenCore (github.com) to patch the kernel, and checked Kernel Issues | OpenCore Install Guide (dortania.github.io), but It still stuck at LOG:EXITBS:START when running the installer of Big Sur 11.7.7. What did I do wrong or forget something? Big Thanks!

EFI.zip is attached below. The source repo is also provided on: Kingtous/thinkbook14p-Gen2-ACH-hackintosh: hackintosh for thinkbook14p-Gen2-ACH (AMD Ryzen 7 5800h) (github.com)
---
Model: Thinkbook 14p 2021 Gen2 ACH
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800H
GPU: Vega 8 (integrated graphic card), no dedicated GPU

---
UPDATE: is it a installer hash check failure?
1684995346411.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Do you know which chipset is used in the laptop, i.e. B550, X570 etc. Can probably be confirmed using Device Manager in Windows 10 or 11.
No keyboard/mouse/trackpad kext(s) in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
You shouldn't be using UTBDefault.kext when you have a UTBMap.kext.
I don't think your UTBMap.kext is set correctly, as your laptop has 2 x Type-C ports on the left side. Your kext only activates 1 x Type-C port.
I don't think SMCSuperIO.kext is meant for use with an AMD laptop.
You only have1 x Bluetooth kext (IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext) macOS Big Sur will need additional kexts for the Intel Bluetooth module to work.
Are you using the correct Airportitlwm.kext for Big Sur, as this kext has a separate kext for each major version of macOS.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
To addon from what EdHawk has already said,

ProvideCurrentCpuInfo is set to false. Change it to true.
Kernel patches are in the config twice. Remove them from ACPI -> Patch ( Wrong Place )

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Config.plist:
  1. You have the AMD Kernel patches duplicated in the config.plist. They should only be under the Kernel > Patch section. You have them under the ACPI > Patch section as well as the Kernel > Patch section. This is wrong.
  2. The config.plist needs cleaning up to remove the unnecessary entries so it is easier to navigate and read.
  3. DeviceProperties contains entry for a Desktop Audio codec, this is unnecessary/wrong as you have a boot argument setting the codec to use layout-id=11.
  4. Kernel > Quirks > PanicNoKextDump, PowerTimeoutKernelPanic and ProvideCurrentCpuInfo are set as False/disabled they should be set as True/Enabled.
  5. Misc > Debug > AppleDebug, ApplePanic and DisableWatchDog are set as false/disabled they should be set as True/Enabled.
  6. Misc > Security > AllowSetDefault is set as false/disabled it should be set as True/Enabled.
  7. I would suggest you use Misc > Security > SecureBootModel as Disabled instead of Default.
  8. You have lots of unnecessary Drivers and Tools present in the OC sub-folders and this is reflected in your config.plist.
I have attached a cleaned up and edited config.plist based on your OC setup, for you to review,. So you can see what I mean about the points relied above.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 25

kingtouse

AMD OS X Member
Many thanks, I will check it in the next week! a little busy at work these days. :)

---

After using the config.plist, the installer seems OK now. But it runs slowly and is seems stuck at Examining volumes. I'll investigate after these days, thanks!

Last edited:

kingtouse

AMD OS X Member
Hi, a little late these days! Now It can installs the installer to my SSD without any problems. But when I reboot and select macOS installer installed on my SSD, the graphic shows a required firmware update could not be installed. I tried to check AdviseFeatures or set SecureBootModel to default, but no luck.

AdviseFeatures is not working, it has no difference when it is checked or not .
And if I set SecureBootModel to default, I cannot boot my installer, it justs reboot when I select the entry in the menu of the opencore. Logs:
1685730584906.jpg

the latest plist is attached below.

Attachments

• config.plist
    65.7 KB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

kingtouse

AMD OS X Member
Have a read of this section of the OC Troubleshooting guide:

# Stuck on Your Mac needs a firmware update in order to install to this volume
Thanks for the reply. I've already checked it and confirm it's set to a appropriate smbios, .

The problem is, I can successfully install the macOS installer on my SSD(the second stage of the whole installing), but when it shows 29 minutes remaining, it changes to the grey background from apple logo, with a a required firmware update could not be installed in the middle of the screen.
  • [CHECKED] You have PlatformInfo -> Automatic enabled
  • [CHECKED] UpdateSMBIOSMode is set to Create
    • Make sure CustomSMBIOSGuid is disabled
    • For Dell and VAIO machines, ensure that CustomSMBIOSGuid is enabled and UpdateSMBIOSMode is set to Custom instead
      • CustomSMBIOSGuid and UpdateSMBIOSMode should always be in tandem with each other
  • [CHECKED]Using a SMBIOS supported in this version of macOS
    • ie. you're not using -no_compat_check (this boot-arg is not working to solve this problem)
  • [CHECKED] You're using the latest version of OpenCore (I've tried 0.92 and self-compiled 0.93, which are the latest version of opencore)

Due to the limitation of NootedRed, I can only use Macbook16,3 and MacPro7,1. I've tried both but cannot solve this problem either.

Last edited:

kingtouse

AMD OS X Member
Hi, Finally I'm successfully installed macOS Monterey on my laptop, thanks. btw, everything works except for my battery status.

I've already import ECEnabler, VirtualSMC, SMCBatteryManager. But It not work.

config:
1685887111712.png

Result from IORegistryExplorer and system reports:
1685887148026.png

Is there anything wrong with my configurations? Or I need to patch my dsdt mentioned by the guide (Legacy way). Thanks.

I open-sourced my config to https://github.com/Kingtous/thinkbook14p-Gen2-ACH-hackintosh

DSDT table fetched from Windows: https://github.com/Kingtous/thinkbook14p-Gen2-ACH-hackintosh/tree/main/DSDT

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Do you know which chipset is used in the laptop, i.e. B550, X570 etc. Can probably be confirmed using Device Manager in Windows 10 or 11.
AMD laptops don't have the same chipset models as desktops, but, Raven CPUs (2000 and 3000 series) can be associated with A320/A420, and Renoir CPUs (4000 and 5000 series) can be associated with A520. For laptops, the following SSDTs (made from SSDTTime) are recommended: HPET, EC, USBX, PLUG, AWAC (in most cases it'll say that it's not needed) and XOSI, with their default options, along with the 2 SSDTs from the NootedRed GitHub.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.