The system crashes when I run it with the RealtekRTL8111 kext

rzonkil

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with my network card on my Hackintosh Sonoma build. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, MSI B550-A Pro motherboard, and RX 6700XT graphics card.

I'm unable to access the internet, and I've tried the following:

• Installed Hackintosh Sonoma according to the instructions.
  • Installed the RealtekRTL8111 kext from various sources.
  • Tried different BIOS configurations.
When I try to install the RealtekRTL8111 kext, the system won't boot and restarts. I was able to catch a message during boot:

[RealtekRTL8111]: Using fallback MAC
[RealtekRTL8111]: RTL8168H/8111H: (Chipset 29), ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose the issue with my network card. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Are you using the latest https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X/releases kext from Mieze?

When you add the kext and config.plist entry for the kext, do you reboot the system, use the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver from the OC boot screen, before booting in to macOS? So any old NVRAM entries are cleared out of the system and it only uses the setup from your updated EFI.

This will not be a BIOS issue, so reset your Ethernet controller to the default/Enabled settings. Make sure you reset any other bios settings you may have changed so the bios is configured to run macOS.

Which version of macOS Sonoma are you running, 14.3.1 or 14.4?

rzonkil

AMD OS X Member
Are you using the latest https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X/releases kext from Mieze?

When you add the kext and config.plist entry for the kext, do you reboot the system, use the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver from the OC boot screen, before booting in to macOS? So any old NVRAM entries are cleared out of the system and it only uses the setup from your updated EFI.

This will not be a BIOS issue, so reset your Ethernet controller to the default/Enabled settings. Make sure you reset any other bios settings you may have changed so the bios is configured to run macOS.

Which version of macOS Sonoma are you running, 14.3.1 or 14.4?
Yes, I'm using the latest version from Mieze's GitHub. I've tried the suggested steps but they haven't helped. My BIOS settings are configured for macOS compatibility, and I'm running macOS version 14.4. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.