System crashes 5 minutes after boot

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@Kubokun

To help you with the crash you reported, please list all the components in your system:
  • Make/model of motherboard
  • Make/model of memory
  • Make/model of GPU
  • Make/model of all NVMe SSDs
  • Make/model of WiFi/BT card
  • Make/model of all devices connected to internal USB 2 headers
  • Make/model of all PCIe cards except GPU and WiFi/BT
Also:
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • Which version of OpenCore?
  • Which version of macOS have you installed?
  • Was this a fresh installation? Or have you used Migration Assistant or a TimeMachine backup to to restore an old system?
  • Does the crash happen when you use a particular application, or it happens any time with any app?

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ Many thanks for this thread
List of my components below:
Motherboard : Gigabyte B650I Aorus Ultra https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650I-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10
Memory: Crucial 32GBx2 5200MHz
GPU: AMD Powercolor RX6600XT
NVMe SSD: WD SN770 1TB for MAC OS, SPCC 1TB for Data , KIOXIA 512GB for Windows
WiFi/BT Card: BCM94360NG
Audio Connected Via USB 2.0 Header
No PCIe card plugged in
BIOS ver f4b (newest)
Opencore 0.9.0
Replaced EFI from old system ( Gigabyte Z590I) NVME _ Couldn't boot with this EFI for fresh installing
Aslo got random crash even if nothing has been open.
EFI and full system report attached below.
Many thanks for supporting my project

Attachments

• EFI - Gigabyte B650I 7950X.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
  • System report.txt
    620.3 KB · Views: 0
  • opencore-2023-03-05-213208.txt
    256.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Kioxia NVME drives can be problematic in macOS. Try booting with the Kioxia drive removed, see if that makes any difference.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Replaced EFI from old system ( Gigabyte Z590I) NVME _ Couldn't boot with this EFI for fresh installing
Some questions and comments:
  • Did you take an existing macOS NVMe from Gigabyte Z590i and move it into the new Gigabyte B650i?
  • ...and update the EFI folder?
  • Which version of macOS is installed?
  • The kernel patches in your config.plist slightly old -- they don't contain changes for Ventura 13.3
  • Recently some people have reported crashes with SN750 NVMe SSDs -- you have the SN770, which might have similar issue
    • Try moving the SN770 into a different M.2 slot --> move it into the M.2 slot closest to CPU
  • I would also strongly recommend this:
    • Perform a fresh install of macOS on a spare SSD or create a new APFS Volume on an existing SSD
    • Test the fresh install for stability (without, of course, installing any third-party applications or restoring from TimeMachine or using Migration Assistant)
    • Is the fresh installation rock solid? Or does it also crash?

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
  • Did you take an existing macOS NVMe from Gigabyte Z590i and move it into the new Gigabyte B650i?
  • The kernel patches in your config.plist slightly old -- they don't contain changes for Ventura 13.3
  • Recently some people have reported crashes with SN750 NVMe SSDs -- you have the SN770, which might have similar issue
    • Try moving the SN770 into a different M.2 slot --> move it into the M.2 slot closest to CPU
    • Perform a fresh install of macOS on a spare SSD or create a new APFS Volume on an existing SSD
    • Test the fresh install for stability (without, of course, installing any third-party applications or restoring from TimeMachine or using Migration Assistant)
I have clone Mac OS from my old system.
Currently on 13.0 without any 3rd applications
The below picture is what happen when I boot to usb for a fresh installation of 12.6 after update the efi folder.
5E3CECF6-3B3A-4565-A451-2DA625A4201E.jpeg

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
The last time I try to fresh install 13.0 it's crash when catch up " about 19 minutes remaining "

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I have clone Mac OS from my old system.
Currently on 13.0 without any 3rd applications
The below picture is what happen when I boot to usb for a fresh installation of 12.6 after update the efi folder.
The gray screen problem is usually due to incorrect prev-lang:kbd setting in NVRAM section, but yours looks okay:
Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 4.50.42 PM.png
Let's double-check this.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
The last time I try to fresh install 13.0 it's crash when catch up " about 19 minutes remaining "
Let's try installing Ventura with the attached EFI folder. Please remember to copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo -> DataHub before using.

Attachments

• EFI-Kubokun.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 3

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
many thanks to @CaseySJ for supporting me.
May I ask for " the issues" of my efi ?
One nice way to check for differences is by opening both the original and new config.plists in OpenCore Configurator side-by-side, and examining each of the sections. This can be a good exercise. Then if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to answer them.

Regarding the LAN port, we need to follow a special procedure to get it working in Ventura.

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
One nice way to check for differences is by opening both the original and new config.plists in OpenCore Configurator side-by-side, and examining each of the sections. This can be a good exercise. Then if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to answer them.

Regarding the LAN port, we need to follow a special procedure to get it working in Ventura.
Got it. Many thanks 😊

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
Got it. Many thanks 😊
if that Intel I225-V then you don't need SSDT at all. just need AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext and use boot-args e1000=0. I'm using this boot args on my current hardware atm. you can try it before add SSDT.

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member

Thanks , I found differences between these config. Also the LAN port is fully working now,
The IDLE temp on Hackintosh is a little bit higher than windows, maybe 10 degree

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Thanks , I found differences between these config. Also the LAN port is fully working now,
Is the i225-V working in Ventura without the SSDT?

The IDLE temp on Hackintosh is a little bit higher than windows, maybe 10 degree
Yes, the idle temps on AM5 are a bit higher.

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
if that Intel I225-V then you don't need SSDT at all. just need AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext and use boot-args e1000=0. I'm using this boot args on my current hardware atm. you can try it before add SSDT.

Is the i225-V working in Ventura without the SSDT?

Yes, the idle temps on AM5 are a bit higher.
It's fully working without the SSDT, I'm just add these kext and boot-args like @silkroadonsale said.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
Good to know. Perhaps recent versions of Ventura have fixed the issue.
And one more thing:
Power management on hackintosh with amdryzencpupowermanagerment.kext is much better than windows. 7950x with CO -30 got stable in hackintosh but the windows

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.