Switched CPU from AMD 5700G to 5800, Now Unable to Boot into System with OC

shoto

AMD OS X Member
As the title says, after changing the CPU from an AMD 5700G to a 5800, I'm now facing issues with OC (OpenCore) where it fails to boot into the system. It gets stuck at the following error message:
My original hardware configuration was RX470 + 5700G, and my new configuration is RX470 + 5800.

WechatIMG231.jpg

Could someone please tell me how to resolve this issue?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try removing RadeonSensor.kext from your OC setup, see if that helps. As it seems to be having issues with your new CPU and the fact it doesn’t have an IGPU/APU.

shoto

AMD OS X Member
Try removing RadeonSensor.kext from your OC setup, see if that helps. As it seems to be having issues with your new CPU and the fact it doesn’t have an IGPU/APU.
Thank you for your reply. I have removed the RadeonSensor.kext and updated the OC configuration, but it still freezes at the same spot. The only difference is that the error messages related to RadeonSensor are no longer appearing. It still stops here without any response.

It seems there might be another issue. Attached is my OC configuration file.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which motherboard and graphics card are you using?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
  1. I changed a Driver (ResetNvramEntry.efi) in your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder, as it was from a different release of OpenCore.
  2. The new driver is from the same release (0.9.6) as the other Drivers, Tools, Opencore.efi and BOOTx64.efi.
  3. I have removed a number of Sensor kexts, as these are not essential to your system booting.
  4. Your UTBMap.kext looks wrong to me, too many physical USB2 ports (7 ) and I am not sure about the Internal ports you have included, as they don't match what I would expect to see. You should use/Enable the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry, so you can undertake the USB port discovery in macOS, using Corpnewt's USBMap script.
  5. I have added a populated Resources folder (taken from my Asus X570-F setup) so you can have the OC GUI boot screen. Along with a copy of the OpenCanopy.efi driver.
  6. I have changed the SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml table for a smaller SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml table.
  7. I have cleaned up your config.plist, removing any unnecessary entries.
  8. I have edited your config.plist to better match the Ryzen OC guide, plus including the changes listed above.
Try this revised EFI, just add your MLB, Serial Number and SystemUUID entries to the config.plist. Do not change anything else.

Also remember to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver from the OC boot screen before you boot macOS with this EFI. Simply press the space bar to show the driver while on the OC boot screen.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 4

shoto

AMD OS X Member
  1. I changed a Driver (ResetNvramEntry.efi) in your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder, as it was from a different release of OpenCore.
  2. The new driver is from the same release (0.9.6) as the other Drivers, Tools, Opencore.efi and BOOTx64.efi.
  3. I have removed a number of Sensor kexts, as these are not essential to your system booting.
  4. Your UTBMap.kext looks wrong to me, too many physical USB2 ports (7 ) and I am not sure about the Internal ports you have included, as they don't match what I would expect to see. You should use/Enable the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry, so you can undertake the USB port discovery in macOS, using Corpnewt's USBMap script.
  5. I have added a populated Resources folder (taken from my Asus X570-F setup) so you can have the OC GUI boot screen. Along with a copy of the OpenCanopy.efi driver.
  6. I have changed the SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml table for a smaller SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml table.
  7. I have cleaned up your config.plist, removing any unnecessary entries.
  8. I have edited your config.plist to better match the Ryzen OC guide, plus including the changes listed above.
Try this revised EFI, just add your MLB, Serial Number and SystemUUID entries to the config.plist. Do not change anything else.

Also remember to use the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver from the OC boot screen before you boot macOS with this EFI. Simply press the space bar to show the driver while on the OC boot screen.
I tried the EFI you provided, but I'm still encountering the same issue. I'm using a Gigabyte A320M-K motherboard with an RX570 dedicated GPU. I've only changed the CPU recently and haven't modified any other hardware components.

I've seen suggestions elsewhere that it might be a BIOS settings issue, but I've checked, and the integrated graphics have been disabled, as well as CMS also being set to disabled. So far, I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem.

Fortunately, I have another hardware setup running Ubuntu, so I'm currently able to use the Ubuntu OS.

Thank you again for your EFI configuration; its graphical boot is very cool.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have a look at this Success Story thread from @craighazan using a similar motherboard. See if that helps.

https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/ryzen-7-4700g-—-ventura-13-5-sonoma-public-beta-—-radeon-graphics-16-gb-renoir-—-nred.4566/

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.