Smoothing wife relationship with his new laptop

davide445

AMD OS X Member
Due obsolescence I guided my wife the transitioning from a 9 years old MacBook Pro to a new Lenovo ThinkBook 13s Gen3 AMD, with Ryzen 5 5600U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 13.3" 2560x1600 IPS screen.

Upgraded immediatelly from Win 10 to Win 11 due a bit more similar to MacOS, still she didn't digested the switch, complaining about the endless differences (she used a Win laptop before the MBP).

Tried yesterday to mount a MacOS VM and the installation worked, still seems very slow and also the graphics scaling didn't work so all is very thiny.

Just to conclude, if there is any way to have a working MacOS native installation on this laptop, avoiding the VM path.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The VM is slow because there is noch graphics acceleration. The same will happen with a native installation since AMD integrated graphics are not supported. If you want to hackintosh a Laptop it should be an Intel one with supported iGPU (so no Alder Lake either).

davide445

AMD OS X Member
The VM is slow because there is noch graphics acceleration. The same will happen with a native installation since AMD integrated graphics are not supported. If you want to hackintosh a Laptop it should be an Intel one with supported iGPU (so no Alder Lake either).
We can probably accept the slowiness at least till she got used with Win11, what so far is preventing following on with the VM usage is the scaling, that create so thiny characters and icons is barely possible to work with.
Any hint about that, or a suggestion about where asking for hints, I was using this tutorial

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.