- Small Issue - Opencanopy Will not Allow a Greater Resolution Than 1280x1024

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
It’s meant to do what it says on the tin but I’ve never seen it work tbh lol
I think this line explains it! Might be a bug with the Opencore Versions atm:

02:493 00:004 OCC: Missing OcForceResolution protocol - Not Found

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
Oh and by the way ASRock boards are Notorious for chucking out low resolutions in the bios with certain monitors and you can bet on Samsung being one of them…lol
It made me laugh they have a selection button for "HigH DefiNitIon OUtpUt" for the bios to increase the quality for higher than 720p displays but the button does nothing :D! Good old Sammy Sung

Scottisg Abuse

AMD OS X Member
Oh and by the way ASRock boards are Notorious for chucking out low resolutions in the bios with certain monitors and you can bet on Samsung being one of them…lol
Hi again,

Back in the office. I spent a good portion of last night and morning attampting to get the resoloution above the 1280x1024 with no luck in sight. I have simply left it to Max now in hope that this issue could possible be addressed and remadied until then I think I will just have to live with it looking slughtly off. But no biggy! I am also considering updateding to the latest OpenCore 0.7.3 as it addresses that it gave OpenCanopy a little buff so I will let you know it that changes anything! CMS is Disabled and UEFI is also set not Legacy! Still no ball.

Until next time! ~ My Hackintosh 98% the way there.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi again,

Back in the office. I spent a good portion of last night and morning attampting to get the resoloution above the 1280x1024 with no luck in sight. I have simply left it to Max now in hope that this issue could possible be addressed and remadied until then I think I will just have to live with it looking slughtly off. But no biggy! I am also considering updateding to the latest OpenCore 0.7.3 as it addresses that it gave OpenCanopy a little buff so I will let you know it that changes anything! CMS is Disabled and UEFI is also set not Legacy! Still no ball.

Until next time! ~ My Hackintosh 98% the way there.
DP to HDMI converter is your only chance to get it working right I think personally but even that is 50/50 on if it works or not.
Theres nothing different in 0.7.3 that would correct the issue unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.