Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
I am sitting on an

Ryzen 5 3600x
MSI B450i
Kingston KVL 2666
Club3D r9 280x
Firecuda 2tb nvme

and have been through Dortania guide, read it thoroughly, built my own installer, had a mate from the Discord build what should be a working config.plist and tried booting from both. It's not working though. The latest build was even without 8111 and wtlmx, only completely core build. It stopped at the exact same point as my first build. Considering that I have spent quite an amount of time looking through the guide and other websites to make sure I did it correctly, I am honestly a bit lost here.

The photo below shows the spot where the bootloader stops its progress.

IMG_2663.jpeg

Last edited:

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
Searched some more, and the '1730'-error is seemingly a GPU error. If the addition of AppleAlc 1.5.2 isn't doing the job, I'll be looking into config.plist loading a stock frequency bios for my GPU. I don't know how to do that though, so pointers in that direction are also welcome.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
What exact version of Catalina? Upload your EFI folder.

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
I've downloaded the latest Catalina, which means 10.15.6, and I've attached the whole EFI in a .zip. Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 1

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try this. Replace the full folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If possible disconnect any other drives connected to the PC. If that doesn't work remake the USB and use the EFI I sent.

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
If possible disconnect any other drives connected to the PC. If that doesn't work remake the USB and use the EFI I sent.

I can try disconnecting the nvme. Do you think it might not be compatible?

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
Just took out the NVMe, and it still stops at that exact same spot. I think it's the graphics card. I reformatted the usb the other day and have already replaced my EFI with the one you made @Shaneee

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
I have spent all my spare time in this week fiddling with this, and it was only now that you asked me to take out the NVMe that it struck me... the bios switch on the GPU was set at "2" - the OC bios. I'm at the install screen @Shaneee. Massive facepalm to me and thanks for your time!

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
Hm, and now the next issue has arisen. "You may not install to this volume because the computer is missing a firmware partition". I've tried two different EFI folders. The one you shared without NVMeFix and AppleMCEReporterDisabler kexts, and the other with those two in the build. Both have my system disk greyed out. The NVMe is HFS+ formatted and GUID file partitioned.

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
I got in. Now for some issues. itlwmx doesn't load - I'll try itlwm instead. Also, my NVMe is showing as an external disk, and I would like to mount it internally. I cannot find the pci address through Hackintool though.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Include this SSDT in the EFI I sent you. Don't forget to add it to the config so it loads. This will fix the external NVMe drive.

Attachments

• SSDT-NVME.aml.zip
    901 bytes · Views: 2

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
I found a fix, wrote it into the config.plist and it worked. Thank you though. Having a bit of trouble with the itlwm though. Itlwmx didn't load during boot, and itlwm seemingly does but has to be fixed for it to work in OSX it seems.

|edit| Also, my keyboard layout isn't working as it should. Would anyone mind sharing the hex key from theirs so I can see if I made a faulty one?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.