SATA Issues After Install - ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi II - Please Help!

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
I am hoping someone can help provide some guidance because I am ready to tear what's left of my hair out. I am having SATA issues after getting everything else setup. I know it isn't the drives, because they work and test fine under windows. My issue is that drives will be connected and mount, then randomly disconnect and then don't even show in disk utility. I have hot plug enable in the bios. I have tried the Catalina ache kext and the unsupported SATA kexts from the vanilla guide, but nothing seems to help. I have tried disabling drive sleep to see if that helps and it doesn't change a thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Opencore 0.8.3
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi II
Ryzen 3900x
64 GB RAM
Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
2x Corsair MP600 Pro NVMEs
6x HGST Ultrastar 4TB 3.5 drives
Kraken x53 AIO Cooler
Fenvi T919
Seasonic Prime 850 Platinum PSU

KemikalHalo

AMD OS X Member
I am hoping someone can help provide some guidance because I am ready to tear what's left of my hair out. I am having SATA issues after getting everything else setup. I know it isn't the drives, because they work and test fine under windows. My issue is that drives will be connected and mount, then randomly disconnect and then don't even show in disk utility. I have hot plug enable in the bios. I have tried the Catalina ache kext and the unsupported SATA kexts from the vanilla guide, but nothing seems to help. I have tried disabling drive sleep to see if that helps and it doesn't change a thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Opencore 0.8.3
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi II
Ryzen 3900x
64 GB RAM
Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
2x Corsair MP600 Pro NVMEs
6x HGST Ultrastar 4TB 3.5 drives
Kraken x53 AIO Cooler
Fenvi T919
Seasonic Prime 850 Platinum PSU
I believe I resolved this now. For those that may run into the same issue, I had added the two data controllers to Device Properties and made them built-in two get rid of the orange drive icons. This had the effect of the controllers being seen as PCI devices instead of SATA devices. Once I removed them from the device properties section it appears to be working.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.