Ryzen 7 5700U w/ intel AX200 card - bluetooth works no wifi

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

I've replaced my Realtek card in an attempt to get wireless working but I'm not having any luck getting itlwm to run and Airportitlwm doesn't seem to work for me either. I've verified via logs that itlwm is not running and heliport does not see it.. any suggestions?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.3 MB · Views: 2

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
After reinstalling I was able to get Heliport to open in the toolbar and provide diagnostic reports for both itlwm and Airportitlwm but I’ve not found anything fruitful in those diagnostics… Boot time has lengthened considerably as it seems to pause attempting to connect. I’ve also remapped the usb ports but still no luck in connecting. I did activate itlwm manually have tried it and airportitlwm separately.

I much appreciate any guidance as I’ve stalled out here.

CC

Attachments

• Heliport_Airportitlwm_Log.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
After reinstalling I was able to get Heliport to open in the toolbar and provide diagnostic reports for both itlwm and Airportitlwm but I’ve not found anything fruitful in those diagnostics… Boot time has lengthened considerably as it seems to pause attempting to connect. I’ve also remapped the usb ports but still no luck in connecting. I did activate itlwm manually have tried it and airportitlwm separately.

I much appreciate any guidance as I’ve stalled out here.

CC
Hi @captincreepy. A couple of things to note in your EFI besides your wifi issue, you are loading Whatevergreen.kext which does nothing in your setup. Best to disable that to avoid confusion. Also USBToolBox/kext is missing from your kext folder and config.plist (you have an entry where it is mentioned but it's not correct) which is needed to activate your UTBMap.kext. Without it there is no USB Port mapping being loaded, you shouldn't need that for WIFI but will for Bluetooth to work. I also I do not believe you need AmdTscSync.kext and should disable it, I see Craig Hazan was using it so that could be a non-issue. I don't need it . Maybe use your USB drive to make these changes so you don't completely bork your setup and once satisfied transfer it to your SSD.

Most users do not use itlwm.kext because it requires heliport. If you disable that and instead load the correct version of Airportitlwm.kext WIFI should work after a reboot and clearing the NVRAM. Make sure to load the correct version that supports whichever macOS flavor you are running or it will not work. Only load one or the other, not Airportitlwm and itlwm kext at the same time. Notice that Sonoma has two different versions you can select from the 2.3 Stable release which is what you want.

AIRPORTITLWM VERSIONS.png

Last edited:

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
Hello Leesurone,

I've performed the clean up you recommended but may not have the usb mapping correct completely... I don't have windows running atm thus I re-added the usbtoolbox kext. My ports are all working as is my bluetooth (from the ax200 card). Attached are my updated files with the current 2.3.0 stable version for Ventura loaded.

I've also deleted heliport - restarted and reset NVRAM 2x and deleted / reset my network prefs as recommended by the openintelwireless folks, but still no wifi.

I'll swap drives and try Sonoma as well but I experienced the same previously. On a related note, I seem to have a gremlin in my system as my Sonoma install boots differently (as does Ventura) when I have both SSD's installed. Almost as if it's reading from the other disk at times. Have you ever experienced anything like this? For instance, when I first removed one of the drives, neither would boot independently? I've just started keeping only one installed as a fix even though they were both independently bootstrapped.

I sure hope you see something, of the posts I've found, most have wifi and no BT with this card... my situation seems to be less frequent.

Thank you much!

I've added Sonoma - same result as Ventura for both kext variants.

CC

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    55.7 MB · Views: 1
  • EFI.zip
    44.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I've just installed them out of curiosity, I will say though that with ForgedInvariant and the latest NootedRed kext, Sequoia 'feels' so much more responsive than Sonoma. You could put that down to a number of factors, Sequoia is Just an updated Sonoma etc, but to me something is different compared to having a TSC kext than not. I also searched TSC and read about the differences between having HPET enabled/disabled, each seems to have their pro's and con's.

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
I've just installed them out of curiosity, I will say though that with ForgedInvariant and the latest NootedRed kext, Sequoia 'feels' so much more responsive than Sonoma. You could put that down to a number of factors, Sequoia is Just an updated Sonoma etc, but to me something is different compared to having a TSC kext than not. I also searched TSC and read about the differences between having HPET enabled/disabled, each seems to have their pro's and con's.
I loaded Sequoia without issue but rolled back as I didn't find nooted updated at that time. I'm not opposed to going that route but I'm fearful my wifi roadblocks will follow. May give it a shot, nothing else is working. Assume you need to go back through the git workflow to update NootedRed?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello Leesurone,

I've performed the clean up you recommended but may not have the usb mapping correct completely... I don't have windows running atm thus I re-added the usbtoolbox kext. My ports are all working as is my bluetooth (from the ax200 card). Attached are my updated files with the current 2.3.0 stable version for Ventura loaded.

I've also deleted heliport - restarted and reset NVRAM 2x and deleted / reset my network prefs as recommended by the openintelwireless folks, but still no wifi.

I'll swap drives and try Sonoma as well but I experienced the same previously. On a related note, I seem to have a gremlin in my system as my Sonoma install boots differently (as does Ventura) when I have both SSD's installed. Almost as if it's reading from the other disk at times. Have you ever experienced anything like this? For instance, when I first removed one of the drives, neither would boot independently? I've just started keeping only one installed as a fix even though they were both independently bootstrapped.

I sure hope you see something, of the posts I've found, most have wifi and no BT with this card... my situation seems to be less frequent.

Thank you much!

CC
If your drives don't boot independently it sounds like you only have one with an EFI boot partition, you should always be able to key the boot menu when you start the computer and navigate to the drive you want to boot from. If not it's not setup correctly unless you intentionally want to share the same EFI file with both.
You uploaded two EFI files, I haven't checked either out yet but which one is which? You should really label them

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I loaded Sequoia without issue but rolled back as I didn't find nooted updated at that time. I'm not opposed to going that route but I'm fearful my wifi roadblocks will follow. May give it a shot, nothing else is working. Assume you need to go back through the git workflow to update NootedRed?
The kext has been updated to run Sewuoia.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello Leesurone,

Thank you much!

CC
Try the attached, it's the first upload of your post but I don't know what version of the OS you are trying to boot with it. No way to tell so if the version of the Airportitlwm.kext is wrong that would make a difference.
EDIT: This is for Ventura

Attachments

• EFI1st.zip
    54.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
Try the attached, it's the first upload of your post but I don't know what version of the OS you are trying to boot with it. No way to tell so if the version of the Airportitlwm.kext is wrong that would make a difference.
EDIT: This is for Ventura
The first I posted would have been Ventura, I'll have a look shortly! I've spent the last hour or better trying to re-run my workflows for the nootedred kext. Git might as well be in braille, I'm some kind of not so special-ed b/c it's not working lol.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The first I posted would have been Ventura, I'll have a look shortly! I've spent the last hour or better trying to re-run my workflows for the nootedred kext. Git might as well be in braille, I'm some kind of not so special-ed b/c it's not working lol.
The EFI I attached should work with Ventura....

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
The EFI I attached should work with Ventura....
Yep, it booted fine but no joy on wifi. I loaded the Ventura 2.3.0 and rebooted as well - no luck.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yep, it booted fine but no joy on wifi. I loaded the Ventura 2.3.0 and rebooted as well - no luck.
Hmmm, very odd. I don't see you mention which card you installed. Can you please link to the brand and model? Also how sure are you it's installed correctly, is the card seated correctly? Are the antenna connectors attached properly? It's also possible the box you purchased uses a CNVi slot which complicates things and an M2 format card will not work. Which model mini PC did you buy?

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member

I'm pretty certain it's in and seated correctly and I used the inbuilt antenna, not what came with the card. I have an Acemagician mini PC. I have the below card en route... should it be a better choice for this machine. I ordered it as I need one for my other project - Lenovo I7 running Sonoma. Does working Bluetooth indicate anything with regard to the card? It works perfectly if that matters. Is there anything else I can do / info you would find helpful?

CC

Attachments

• IMG_AD55E27FF66D-1.jpeg
    IMG_AD55E27FF66D-1.jpeg
    878 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

I'm pretty certain it's in and seated correctly and I used the inbuilt antenna, not what came with the card. I have an Acemagician mini PC. I have the below card en route... should it be a better choice for this machine. I ordered it as I need one for my other project - Lenovo I7 running Sonoma. Does working Bluetooth indicate anything with regard to the card? It works perfectly if that matters. Is there anything else I can do / info you would find helpful?

CC
I don't see a model number for your Ace Magician but you are right that if the bluetooth works then typically the WIFI should work as well. I'm out of ideas....unless wireless is turned off in the bios I don't see why it isn't working.

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
where would it be in the bios, I don't recall seeing it, but I also wasn't looking and I've been known to smoke a bit when fighting this computer it's possible I changed something and overlooked it..

Sorry about missing the model number. It's this one: https://acemagic.com/collections/minipcs/products/amr5 - guess the model is the amr5.?.?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The PCIe WiFi card linked in post #14 won't work in your Mini PC.

It may well be that the AX210 card is soldered to the PCIe adapter. I bought one like that and only after removing the heat sink did I realise the WiFi card couldn't be removed.

Lay of the Smokes and take your time going through the Bios. If in doubt about a Bios setting take a screenshot of the page, and post a copy here for clarification on whether you need to change the setting or not.

I am using an Intel AX200NGW card in my Gen Machine Mini PC, with no issues running first Ventura and now Sonoma.

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
The PCIe WiFi card linked in post #14 won't work in your Mini PC.

It may well be that the AX210 card is soldered to the PCIe adapter. I bought one like that and only after removing the heat sink did I realise the WiFi card couldn't be removed.

Lay of the Smokes and take your time going through the Bios. If in doubt about a Bios setting take a screenshot of the page, and post a copy here for clarification on whether you need to change the setting or not.

I am using an Intel AX200NGW card in my Gen Machine Mini PC, with no issues running first Ventura and now Sonoma.
Thanks for the info on the AX1210 - I'll stick it in my old tower. Are you thinking the NGW variant would work in my mini PC, or maybe more appropriately is it the same card functionally? Bios changes have been limited to boot requirements guess I'll go back and double check sounds more likely as other possibilities are eliminated... and I'll ask here for sure, appreciate that and all the help in here!

I do have a few logs from Heliport if those would be of any diagnostic value? I didn't glean anything but I also don't know what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the info on the AX1210 - I'll stick it in my old tower. Are you thinking the NGW variant would work in my mini PC, or maybe more appropriately is it the same card functionally? Bios changes have been limited to boot requirements guess I'll go back and double check sounds more likely as other possibilities are eliminated... and I'll ask here for sure, appreciate that and all the help in here!

I do have a few logs from Heliport if those would be of any diagnostic value? I didn't glean anything but I also don't know what I'm looking for.
I'm curious if you have tried another OS to see if Wifi works, I doubt there is anything wrong with the card but it's always worth checking it in another environment.

captncreepy

AMD OS X Member
I'm curious if you have tried another OS to see if Wifi works, I doubt there is anything wrong with the card but it's always worth checking it in another environment.
I have not, but certainly can if you think it’s worth setting up. Need to remap my usb anyhow. I’ll report back.

Is it common to have usb disconnect when sleeping? I left this mini pc on overnight - which is not normal and I received "did not eject properly" notifications for all usb ports that were occupied?

CC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.