Ryzen 5600h and Radeon 5500m

puneetred

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, this is my first hackintosh. I have successfully booted macOS Sonoma on my laptop on iGPU

Brand: HP
Model: 16-e0162AX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600h
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5500m 4GB
HDD: Samsung SSD 980 1TB
WIFI: Realtek RTL6652AE
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Bluetooth: Realtek Wireless Bluetooth Adapter
Audio: Realtek ALC245
Keyboard: Standard PS/2 Keyboard
Trackpad: Synaptics PrecisionTouchpad Filter Driver (I2C)
RAM: 2x 8GB 3200mhz

I am unable to use the dGPU on my laptop. I got the iGPU working with nootedred.kext, but it doesn't detect the dGPU. I have tried various SMBios and boot arguments. I also tried whatevergreen, but that didn't work either.

Other known issues:
  • Trackpad doesn't work (Fixed by using VoodooI2C from Noot)
  • Brightness control doesn't work (Again, fixed by using VoodooI2C from Noot)
  • Wifi doesn't work
  • Microphone doesn't work
  • Bluetooth doesn't work
  • Sleep is broken
  • Battery life is awful (around 1 hour even when logged out)

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Realtek WiFi/BT card isn’t supported in macOS. You need to replace it with a macOS compatible Broadcom or Intel card.

Mic not working on an AMD system is standard fare, no one has a working Mic unless they have configured a custom layout for their Realtek audio codec.

Trackpad fix requires you undertake some reading and research regarding the use of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and the Voodooi2C.kext

Neither of the above are designed to work with AMD systems, so you need to experiment with the kexts and compatbile boot arguments to see which work with your trackpad.

puneetred

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the response.

I managed to resolve the Brightness Control issue by following the instructions on Noot.

I realize my current card won't allow me to fix the Wi-Fi problem.

I'm currently attempting to address the trackpad issue, but I haven't had any success yet. I've included my config.plist and OC log, hoping to receive some assistance in troubleshooting this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    57.5 KB · Views: 4
  • opencore-2023-10-20-103120.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAGE 2023-10-20 22:05:46.jpg
    IMAGE 2023-10-20 22:05:46.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 8

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Who is the Trackpad manufacturer - Synaptics?

Have you tried disabling the VoodooPS2Mouse.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext in the VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugin folder. Either by deleting the kexts from the Plugin folder or by disabling the two kext in your config.plist?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with these kexts in this order. Only the highlighted ones. It's what I use for my Intel Laptop that I had trouble getting it setup correctly.

Screenshot2023-09-10at13_54_21.png.2216d4bfcbd8fb218c5440f9eba60db0.png

puneetred

AMD OS X Member
Update: I finally fixed trackpad by installing VoodooI2C from Noot!

I'm trying to fix Bluetooth now. Is Realtek Bluetooth supported?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No, not natively. Not sure if there are any third-party kexts or apps to make it work. You might need to check out Chris1111's Github page to see if he has anything in one of his repositories to help.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
The Realtek WiFi/BT card isn’t supported in macOS. You need to replace it with a macOS compatible Broadcom or Intel card.

Mic not working on an AMD system is standard fare, no one has a working Mic unless they have configured a custom layout for their Realtek audio codec.

Trackpad fix requires you undertake some reading and research regarding the use of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and the Voodooi2C.kext

Neither of the above are designed to work with AMD systems, so you need to experiment with the kexts and compatbile boot arguments to see which work with your trackpad.
There is a hack for AppleALC that allows microphones to work, and no, it doesn't work with custom layouts either without the hack.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There is a hack for AppleALC that allows microphones to work, and no, it doesn't work with custom layouts either without the hack.
Care to share a link to the hack, I am sure a lot of people on this site would be extremely grateful.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The AMD Mic fix has been adopted in to the latest version of AppleALC.kext v1.8.8, see this link below.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Your laptop dont have a MUX, I was looking at it awhile back for hackintoshing, but at that time there was no NootedRed. With no Mux you cant access the Dedicated GPU. Unless some magic is developed that I am not aware of.

Note, the Vega IGPU is pretty good actually, is on par to the 2016 Radeon Pro 460 on the 15 in Macbook pro.

Edwin

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, this is my first hackintosh. I have successfully booted macOS Sonoma on my laptop on iGPU

Brand: HP
Model: 16-e0162AX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600h
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5500m 4GB
HDD: Samsung SSD 980 1TB
WIFI: Realtek RTL6652AE
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Bluetooth: Realtek Wireless Bluetooth Adapter
Audio: Realtek ALC245
Keyboard: Standard PS/2 Keyboard
Trackpad: Synaptics PrecisionTouchpad Filter Driver (I2C)
RAM: 2x 8GB 3200mhz

I am unable to use the dGPU on my laptop. I got the iGPU working with nootedred.kext, but it doesn't detect the dGPU. I have tried various SMBios and boot arguments. I also tried whatevergreen, but that didn't work either.

Other known issues:
  • Trackpad doesn't work (Fixed by using VoodooI2C from Noot)
  • Brightness control doesn't work (Again, fixed by using VoodooI2C from Noot)
  • Wifi doesn't work
  • Microphone doesn't work
  • Bluetooth doesn't work
  • Sleep is broken
  • Battery life is awful (around 1 hour even when logged out)

Any help would be appreciated!
I have an AMD system too but 14.2 won’t run.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.