[Req] MacOS download Latest Version problems

stezza88

AMD OS X Member
Laptop's Motherboard : Asus VivoBook Pro 14 OLED M3401QC
CPU : HexaCore AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 3273 MHz Rev. 00A50F00h
Integrated graphics : AMD Radeon Graphics Cezanne (Integrated 1002 / 1638, Rev C6)
Dedicated GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU
Bios : AMI M3401QC.305

Hi there,
I've found the consequent mismatch using these 2 tools
finding the consequent mismatch :
  • with "macrecovery.py" i've downloaded the "012-51692" BaseSystem.dmg version with the string "python ./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 download"
  • with "gibMacOS-master" i've got the following list of :
    • [macOS Monterey 12.6 (21G115) - 012-40494 - Added 2022-09-20 17:14:37 - 12.40 GB];
    • [macOS Monterey 12.5.1 (21G83) - 012-51693 - Added 2022-08-24 17:13:27 - 12.41 GB];

I think it's a mismatch but... how can i pair? Maybe i must use one of those commands with "macrecovery.py" like :
./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m 00000000000000000 -os latest
./macrecovery.py -b Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6 -m <real MLB> -os latest

where <real MLB> is a somewhat number or string?

Other questions are, supposing the 2 version are matching :
  • in the most common Internet guides, i must have an USB stick with 2 partions : EFI_partition1 (usually 200 Mb) and OS_partition2 (X Gb)
  • in the Dortania guide is sufficient an only FAT32 partition with 2 folders like "com.apple.recovery.boot -> BaseSystem.dmg, EFI -> BOOT, OC -> ...."

• i've got my files "BaseSystem.dmg" then i must create a folder in the root of the USB stick called "com.apple.recovery.boot" but... in which partion? Maybe i've to resize the EFI_partition1 of more than 200 Mb or maybe i must have only one partitioin like Rufus method do?
  • I've got my files downloaded with "gibMacOS-master" which are "InstallAssistant.pkg, UpdateBrain.zip, BuildManifest.plist, Info.plist, InstallInfo.plist, MajorOSInfo.pkg" and restoring disk with the image "InstallAssistant.pkg" with Transmac it transfer in the OS_partition2 (X Gb) the folders "Shared support -> com_apple_MobileAsset_MACSoftwareUpdate, SFR -> ...." but i cannot assign any letter to the EFI partition so it results unmountable with diskpart or disk managment methods like "Errore del servizio Dischi virtuali: Operazione non supportata su un supporto rimovibile".
How can i merge these files?
It is sufficient the "BaseSystem.dmg" file downloaded with macrecovery python' script OR i need the macOS Monterey files downloaded with gibMacOS-master which are "InstallAssistant.pkg, UpdateBrain.zip, BuildManifest.plist, Info.plist, InstallInfo.plist, MajorOSInfo.pkg" too?

Thanks.

stezza88

AMD OS X Member
I've found that "You can't combine the macrecovery BaseSystem.dmg and gibMacOS full installer.
OpenCore has a mechanism to load recovery images off of the EFI partition (in the com.apple.recovery.boot folder), which is easier then making two partitions and imaging one of them with the .dmg. This is the way you see in the Dortania guide.
As far as I know, Clover does not have this, which is why a second partition is needed with the recovery image.
If your putting everything in one EFI, including the BaseSystem.dmg, the entire USB can be formatted to FAT32. It does need to be big enough to fit the BaseSystem.dmg."

So i answered to myself automatically.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.