Replace intel wifi card with a compatible one like fenvi. Is it possible?

dearwalrus

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, I have the Aorus ProWifi X570I motherboard with an Intel wifi card.
I would need to know if it could be replaced by some "Out of the box" like the Fenvi.
Regards, and thank you very much.

Hola a todos, tengo la placa madre de X570I ProWifi de Aorus con una tarjeta wifi Intel.
Necesitaria saber si se podria sustituir por alguna "Out of the box" como las Fenvi.
Un saludo y muchas gracias.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you mean to replace the Intel WiFi/BT card that comes with your motherboard, then there are a few options available to you.

See the M.2 section of the Wireless Buyers Guide linked below.

If you want to retain but disable the Intel Wifi/BT card and use a PCIe adapter card with a native Broadcom WiFi/BT card then the PCIe section of the Wireless Buyers Guide contains these options.

I use a PCIe wireless adapter in all my desktop hacks, with an Apple Broadcom WiFi/BT card (6 desktops dual booting Windows 10/11 and macOS, plus a HP Server on Monterey). I have the full range of standard WiFi/BT dependent Apple services working on all of them. Using a mix of BCM94360CD, BCM943602CS and BCM94360CS2 Apple WiFi/BT cards.

The PCIe adapter method requires a spare PCIe x1 slot plus a spare USB2 motherboard header for the BT module to work.

The Fenvi cards can be a bit hit and miss when it comes to working out of the box (OOB). Not from my own experience but from others I have helped on this and other Hackintosh sites. But they may be economically better than purchasing a PCIe adapter and a separate Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

I have used a couple of the adapters shown in the link below, which I purchased from Amazon UK. Although I didn't pay anything like they are asking for these adapters now.

For their current price on Amazon you could get a Fenvi 1200AC card that includes a Broadcom card. eBay may may be a better option.

The BCM94360CD card are oldest of the three cards I use. They require 4 x antenna on the adapter card. Apple used these from 2012, IIRC.

The BCM943602CS requires 3 x antenna. It was used by Apple systems in 2013 onwards. Probably the best of the three cards I have listed here.

The BCM944360CS2 requires 2 x Antenna, it is slightly slower than the other cards due to the reduced MiMo output. It was used by Apple systems in 2013- 2017.

Hope this helps.

Cheng Murphy

AMD OS X Member
If you mean to replace the Intel WiFi/BT card that comes with your motherboard, then there are a few options available to you.

See the M.2 section of the Wireless Buyers Guide linked below.

If you want to retain but disable the Intel Wifi/BT card and use a PCIe adapter card with a native Broadcom WiFi/BT card then the PCIe section of the Wireless Buyers Guide contains these options.

I use a PCIe wireless adapter in all my desktop hacks, with an Apple Broadcom WiFi/BT card (6 desktops dual booting Windows 10/11 and macOS, plus a HP Server on Monterey). I have the full range of standard WiFi/BT dependent Apple services working on all of them. Using a mix of BCM94360CD, BCM943602CS and BCM94360CS2 Apple WiFi/BT cards.

The PCIe adapter method requires a spare PCIe x1 slot plus a spare USB2 motherboard header for the BT module to work.

The Fenvi cards can be a bit hit and miss when it comes to working out of the box (OOB). Not from my own experience but from others I have helped on this and other Hackintosh sites. But they may be economically better than purchasing a PCIe adapter and a separate Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

I have used a couple of the adapters shown in the link below, which I purchased from Amazon UK. Although I didn't pay anything like they are asking for these adapters now.

For their current price on Amazon you could get a Fenvi 1200AC card that includes a Broadcom card. eBay may may be a better option.

The BCM94360CD card are oldest of the three cards I use. They require 4 x antenna on the adapter card. Apple used these from 2012, IIRC.

The BCM943602CS requires 3 x antenna. It was used by Apple systems in 2013 onwards. Probably the best of the three cards I have listed here.

The BCM944360CS2 requires 2 x Antenna, it is slightly slower than the other cards due to the reduced MiMo output. It was used by Apple systems in 2013- 2017.

Hope this helps.
Sorry for bother, I have fenvi 94352z wifi issue, can you look at it (https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/fenvi-94352z-wifi-not-working-in-macos13-4.4556/) if you are free ? thanks.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
If you plan on running Sonoma stick to intel chips. Apple dropped support for the usual Broadcom chips we use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.