Razer Blade 14 (R9 5900HX) Installation help

ekkam04

AMD OS X Member
EDIT: Solved! see the replies below for the detailed explanation.

Need help with installing macOS on a Razer Blade 14 laptop with a Ryzen 9 5900HX and an RTX 3060. I know 3060 isn't supported so I'm trying to use the Radeon iGPU with NootedRed. Since the original wifi card in the laptop wasn't supported, I changed it to an Intel(R) AX210 (WiFi 6E)
So basically I've already spent 12+ hours on this but I'm stuck on issues and have no idea what is wrong anymore :(

Not able to boot to the installer. I was stuck on "IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87" for a long time as seen below

But I added "cpus=1" to boot-args and got quite a bit further (But I don't know if this is the correct approach) and now stuck on "IOPCI Configurator Waittime is 900" as seen below

I have no idea where to go from here... Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• config.plist
    52.3 KB · Views: 4
  • opencore-2023-11-13-014107.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
  • EFI.zip
    26.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Need help with installing macOS on a Razer Blade 14 laptop with a Ryzen 9 5900HX and an RTX 3060. I know 3060 isn't supported so I'm trying to use the Radeon iGPU with NootedRed.
So basically I've already spent 12+ hours on this but I'm stuck on issues and have no idea what is wrong anymore :(

Not able to boot to the installer. I was stuck on "IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87" for a long time as seen below

But I added "cpus=1" to boot-args and got quite a bit further (But I don't know if this is the correct approach) and now stuck on "IOPCI Configurator Waittime is 900" as seen below

I have no idea where to go from here... Any help is greatly appreciated!!
It's better if you upload your entire EFI folder, remove your serial numbers like you did in your config.plist, then zip and upload. I'm not an expert on this bit but at minimum you will need to disable the RTX3060 either through the bios, if available, or using an SSDT in the ACPI section of your EFI folder.

ekkam04

AMD OS X Member
It's better if you upload your entire EFI folder, remove your serial numbers like you did in your config.plist, then zip and upload. I'm not an expert on this bit but at minimum you will need to disable the RTX3060 either through the bios, if available, or using an SSDT in the ACPI section of your EFI folder.
Sure, added the EFI folder.
hmm I do have "-wegnoegpu" in boot-args but I'll try using an SSDT for it as well, thanks for the suggestion! (Will do it tomorrow though as it's pretty late now)

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
I think it is your SSDT-CPUR.aml.

You can try my EFI and add -wegnoegpu.

It is from my 5900HX/6800M. I think our laptops are pretty similar from basic specs.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.2 MB · Views: 13

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

It is from my 5900HX/6800M. I think our laptops are pretty similar from basic specs.
Isn't -wegnoepgu a Whatevergreen boot argument? How will that work if you can't use Whatevergreen.kext?

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
Some of the WEG-bootargs also work with NootedRed.kext. Like -wegnoegpu and agdpmod=pikera.

I know because it works on my 6800M too. It is not visible anymore with -wegnoegpu.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Some of the WEG-bootargs also work with NootedRed.kext. Like -wegnoegpu and agdpmod=pikera.

I know because it works on my 6800M too. It is not visible anymore with -wegnoegpu.
Despite its name, -wegnoegpu is from Lilu, and agdpmod doesn't do anything without WEG.

ekkam04

AMD OS X Member

Tried this EFI with the "-wegnoegpu" and it actually goes quite a bit further and a lot more text flies through the screen but then freezes on a black screen. I've attached the log below but it's pretty tiny even though I changed the Misc > Debug Target and DisplayLevel values so not sure why it isn't showing more but yeah, no idea what's wrong now

EDIT: So after a lot of digging and going over things one by one, "revpatch=sbvmm" in boot-args seems like the main fix which comes from the RestrictEvents kext. After going through your EFI, I was able to make my own EFI get past my last stuck phase so that's awesome, progress! Also just replaced the log file below with the much more detailed version I was able to obtain.

EDIT 2: Actually nevermind, it was because of the "ncpi=0x3000" boot argument, which was causing it to freeze in the "IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87" mentioned in my original post.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-11-15-003401.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ekkam04

AMD OS X Member
Ok so I got it working!! According to this comment on Reddit, NootedRed apparently doesn't work on the installer. So I removed the NootedRed kext, which allowed me to finally get into the installer. I then installed macOS successfully and added the NootedRed kext back. My Vega iGPU was then finally detected in macOS and it works!

TheChronic

AMD OS X Member
I have the same razer that ive been trying to hackintosh for days, since we have the same hardware, can you please pleaase share your working efi? I just need it as a reference and then ill go in and create my ssdts

ekkam04

AMD OS X Member
I have the same razer that ive been trying to hackintosh for days, since we have the same hardware, can you please pleaase share your working efi? I just need it as a reference and then ill go in and create my ssdts
Hi, here's my final EFI which has everything working. Just make sure to generate the smbios values and in my case, to get into the installer, I had to remove the NootedRed kext as it doesn't work in the installer sometimes. Once you get it installed though, you can add it post-install. Good luck!

Rocky7842

AMD OS X Member
Hi. I have the same laptop (Blade 14 5900HX except with 3070) and is creating the EFI. It's pretty much done now. One issue I'm facing now is that DGPU do not want to turn off. The laptop thus consumes 40w doing nothing, which is pretty intolerable. Does this happen on your device?

I've followed the guide by Dortania to use both SSDT-dGPU-Off/NoHybGfx methods but they both failed. dGPU-Off does not make effect, and NoHybGfx results in black screen.
Then I tried to dig deeper into the acpi, and I found the reason dGPU-Off is not working is that PCI0.GPP0.PEGP does not have the _OFF method, only _PS3 is available. As for NoHybGfx, since it uses the _PS3, it should make effect. But according to the information I found in the original guide by RehabMan, _PS3 includes EC related entries (after a few calls to another method) will make the computer crash when running it on _INI stage, which is how NoHybGfx is written. The EC related entries should be moved to _REG, but in the guide they use full patched SSDT/DSDT on clover, and I don't know how to properly do it on opencore.

At this point I have no idea how to workaround this. Any advice? Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.