Random kernel panics (Ryzen 5900x + RX 6600 XT + Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming)

devilsfruit

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

So, I've installed MacOS Monterey, but I keep getting random Kernel Panics and quite honestly, it is driving me crazy. It can be panicking after some minutes or even tens of minutes, but the one constant is that it keeps occurring.

I've included the most recent error from opencore as an attachment together with my config.plist.

Could someone please take a look at help me out? I'd appreciate it very much, thank you!

Attachments

• opencore-2022-06-27-213141.txt
    256 KB · Views: 8
  • config.plist
    34.4 KB · Views: 5

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

So, I've installed MacOS Monterey, but I keep getting random Kernel Panics and quite honestly, it is driving me crazy. It can be panicking after some minutes or even tens of minutes, but the one constant is that it keeps occurring.

I've included the most recent error from opencore as an attachment together with my config.plist.

Could someone please take a look at help me out? I'd appreciate it very much, thank you!
I looked at the output - it seems you have don't have Opencore's Bootx64.efi installed in EFI/BOOT. Also EFI/Microsoft should be removed if it is not vital to your Windows system. Did you install both Windows and macOS on the same drive?

devilsfruit

AMD OS X Member
Hi, thank you for the response!

I had Windows installed on the drive, but I overwrote everything (deleted the drive through recovery and installed MacOS afterwards). I do have another SSD disk with a Windows partition on it, I'll wipe that one to be sure.

As for the missing boot file, that shouldn't be the case. I've just mounted the EFI folder (on my Linux OS on a separate disk) and it shows /EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi in it.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.