radeon r9 390x problem

laurent

AMD OS X Member
hello I am desperate I have a sapphir radeon r9 390x graphics card it is not recognized by my msi 970 gaming motherboard at startup there is a long beep and two short beeps apparently an error linked to the graphics card although it works perfectly with an asus m5a mlx v2

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
hello I am desperate I have a sapphir radeon r9 390x graphics card it is not recognized by my msi 970 gaming motherboard at startup there is a long beep and two short beeps apparently an error linked to the graphics card although it works perfectly with an asus m5a mlx v2
Is the power connector to the video card seated correctly if it has one? Is the video card properly seated in the top most socket? You can alway try a different pcie slot, move it down one to see if it boots. How about bios settings for display, are those correct?

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Is your PSU powerful enough to drive your AMD 970 chipset system, with the R9 390X installed?

The Minimum recommended PSU for your GPU is 600W. If you have multiple drives, have a power hungry FX 8000 series CPU and other components pulling power, does your system have the power to drive them all?

The Sapphire R9 390X has the following power requirements - 1x 6-pin + 1x 8-pin

laurent

AMD OS X Member
Is the power connector to the video card seated correctly if it has one? Is the video card properly seated in the top most socket? You can alway try a different pic slot, move it down one to see if it boots. How about bios settings for display, are those correct?
Good morning
yes everything is connected well I tried the bottom port but in fact I cannot access the bios because black screen

laurent

AMD OS X Member
Is your PSU powerful enough to drive your AMD 970 chipset system, with the R9 390X installed?

The Minimum recommended PSU for your GPU is 600W. If you have multiple drives, have a power hungry FX 8000 series CPU and other components pulling power, does your system have the power to drive them all?

The Sapphire R9 390X has the following power requirements - 1x 6-pin + 1x 8-pin
Good morning
actually my power supply is 500w I will try a 750w power supply
thank you I will keep you informed

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.