r5 2600+asus b450m pro gaming +rx580 When I use editing software to export videos, it crashes, but not in Windows.

abandon2020

AMD OS X Member
The system is Sonoma 14.5. I put the efi below. Can anyone help me find out what the problem is? Also, he will randomly crash and restart.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 0

abandon2020

AMD OS X Member
I think I found the answer, I didn't notice that the video format is hevc, my cpu should not support hard decoding, and the gpu should not support it either.
Because there are too many materials stacked up in the folder, there is no classification. Some are h264 1080, some are hevc, and some are 4k 50. No wonder my computer has problems. After all, it is very old. It crashes normally when encountering hevc and 4K50.
fxxk

abandon2020

AMD OS X Member
I found that sometimes I switched the proxy and it still didn't work properly until I found this in the forum. It means: Starting from macOS Ventura, Apple changed the graphics accelerator driver of AMD Polaris and Navi graphics cards to force AVX2. There is no instruction set dependency. It won't work. Ivy Bridge-EP doesn't have this instruction set at all. The only solution is to use OCLP to replace the graphics card driver with macOS 12. It can be used as a reference. The same product is X79 + Ivy E5.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Attachments

• 截屏2024-05-25 13.37.42.png
    截屏2024-05-25 13.37.42.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you checked the OpenCore Ivy bridge EP guide? As your system equivalent is only supported up to Monterey you may have to use more than just the graphics patches in OCLP with your setup to run Ventura or Sonoma.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.