Problems with itlwm in OpenCore 0.6 Catalina [solved]

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
First issue is with the wifi. I have an Intel 3168 wifi card which is notoriously difficult with OSX. Should be able to work as a cabled connection though. Bootloader doesn't recognise itlwmx - it does with itlwm, but the EN1 is inactive in network cards in Catalina.
Perhaps it has something to do with pci mapping?

Pointers are very welcome!

Last edited:

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
Thinking of combining itlwm with Black80211 to have the wifi up and running. Speed isn't crucial at this point, but airdrop and the likes would be nice to have.

Last edited:

RyzenPro

AMD OS X Member
Good for you mate, any particular step for this resolution?

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
Good for you mate, any particular step for this resolution?

I’d worked with different EFIs, and in this one I’d forgotten to put ssid and password into the plist inside the kext. Step was to be thorough about my work lol.

RyzenPro

AMD OS X Member
I’d worked with different EFIs, and in this one I’d forgotten to put ssid and password into the plist inside the kext. Step was to be thorough about my work lol.

interesting, so we need to change ssid and password in kext plist and reboot if we want to change network

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.