Problems connecting Magic Mouse via BT after waking up

Ryzentoshing

AMD OS X Member
Hi, does anyone else have trouble connecting an Apple Magic Mouse via BT after the computer is woken from sleep?

Here is my hardware:
CPU: AMD 7 2700X

MOBO: MSI B450I Gaming Plus Wifi

RAM: 16 Gb

GPU: MSI RX580 8 Gb

mac OS Ventura & OC 0.8.8

Every time I woke my computer from sleep, I cannot automatically reconnect the Magic Mouse via BT. I need to turn BT OFF and then On again before being able to reconnect. Once reconnected, the whole thing works flawlessly. I didn't have that problem when running on Big Sur, but this became an annoying issue ever since updating to Ventura.

I've already done everything recommended in this video (
) to no avail.

Any workaround or solutions? Your help is much appreciated.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which WiFi/Bluetooth card are you using?
Which Bluetooth kexts are you using?
When the ‘Fixes’ you tried didn’t work, did you remove them before trying another ‘Fix’?

Ryzentoshing

AMD OS X Member
Hi Edhawk,
I have swapped the original Wifi/BT card by a BCM 94360NG card. It worked perfectly when using Big Sur without any BT kexts. I mapped my USB ports and used a custom SSDT table to enable all my ports, including the internal one for the BT. Under Big Sur, the mouse connected automatically upon waking up the computer. The problem started when I updated to Ventura. The odd thing is that sometimes the mouse connects, others it doesn't and I need to turn BT off and on again.
Any ideas on how to figure out where's the root of the problem?
  • power management
  • macOS problem
  • OCC problem
  • hardware

Have others faced similar situations?
Thanks for any hints.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
This issue is a known problem affecting real Macs running Monterey. See this post on Apple's community support site.

You might also want to have a look at the Terminal script in post #23 on this MacRumours thread.

#23 Bluetooth Wake Issues

Using the terminal command with 1 might help you solve your Bluetooth not working after sleep.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.