Problem with 14.4 Sonoma

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone..

Has anything changed since the 14.4 update? I was on 14.1.1 and I updated to 14.4 and it no longer loads. It always restarts when it is booting.

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
I have updated opencore to 0.99 and 14.4 still does not install. The same Config.plist works correctly with Sonoma 14.1.1 and with the latest version of Ventura.

I have removed the Broadcom bluetooth kexts since they gave me errors when updating opencore to 0.99.

It still doesn't work when I update to 14.4. Does this latest update have any kind of patch?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
14.4 works with current patches. Check your kexts. If you're using itlwm you'll need to disable it.

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
14.4 works with current patches. Check your kexts. If you're using itlwm you'll need to disable it.
Hello

I've been investigating and discovered the problem. I had all the kexts updated to their latest version.

Solution:

Set the SecureBootModel to Disabled instead of Default under the Misc>Security section of your config.plist.

Fountain:

ManuelB

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok, finally got the system update working, had to disable the AMD power management kexts.Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-26 um 13.41.35.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hello

Can you explain to me how to change the processor name? Currently it shows me that I am using one from Intel. I have a Ryzen 5600x

Thank you so much

It can be changed using RestrictEvents.kext

Only kext I've updated in some time is itlwm. Still running OC 0.9.8 and a smooth update :)

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 14.48.39.png

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
It can be changed using RestrictEvents.kext

Only kext I've updated in some time is itlwm. Still running OC 0.9.8 and a smooth update :)

View attachment 13619
Hello.. I have used this kext:

In the NVRAM option of the config.plist file "4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102" I have used:

revcpu=1
revcpuname="AMD Ryzen 5 5600X"

revcpu is numeric
revcpuname is string

Everything seems to be correct but I have restarted the computer and it shows me this:

3.7GHz AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Why does it show 3.7 GHz?

Thank you very much for the help

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
3.7GHz is the base clock so that's what macOS shows. If you set a manual OC to lets say 4GHz then macOS would report 4GHz in the profiler.

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
3.7GHz is the base clock so that's what macOS shows. If you set a manual OC to lets say 4GHz then macOS would report 4GHz in the profiler.
Isn't there a way to only show "AMD Ryzen 5 5600X" and not show "3.7 GHz AMD Ryzen 5 5600X"?

On the other hand, I haven't gotten Mac OS Sonoma to check for updates. In Mac OS Ventura it always showed me the updates but now I am on Sonoma 14.4 and it does not show me the 14.4.1 update.

That could be happening? I have opencore in its latest version and the kexts are also updated.

The same config.plist on Ventura was showing updates.

Sorry for the inconvenience I cause
Thank you so much

backinblackx86

AMD OS X Member
Hello

I've been investigating and discovered the problem. I had all the kexts updated to their latest version.

Solution:

Set the SecureBootModel to Disabled instead of Default under the Misc>Security section of your config.plist.

Fountain:
I have been researching a similar issue…trying it now with my Trx50

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Add revpatch > String > sbvmm to 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102" this should enable the software update process in 14.4.

I had to do the following on a couple of my AMD hacks.
  1. Change SecureBootModel to 'Disabled'
  2. Disable all WiFi & BT kexts in the config.plist
  3. On one system I had to update NootedRed.kext to the latest commit for 14.4.
  4. Used the ResetNvramEntry driver to clear the NVRAM entries.
  5. Then and only then would Sonoma 14.4 or 14.4.1 update work,
The latest Airportitlwm.kext and Intel Bluetooth kexts were added to the setup and enabled in the config once the update had completed.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.