Problem upgrading from 13.2.1 to 13.4

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

I decided to upgrade my machine from macOS 13.2.1 to the newer version 13.4.
As always I downloaded and installed it, when I turn on my pc, it shows one new icon "macOS Installer". I select it but everything seems to freeze.
Luckily I still can select to boot in the 13.2.1 version.

At the moment I use opencore 0.8.5. Do I need to upgrade it? Can someone help me if I post my efi?

I have 1 more problem with my bluetooth keyboard... I want to use it in "windows mode" and in "mac mode" without pairing it everytime i switch mode... Am i the only one with this issue?

Thank you in advance! :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes, you need to update your OC EFI and yes we can help you with updating your EFI. If you were running OC 0.9.0 or newer you probably wouldn't have this issue.

Bluetooth related Questions:
  1. Have you created a USBMap.kext or UTBMap.kext for your system?
  2. Is the USB port driving the Bluetooth module configured correctly?
  3. Are you using an Intel or Broadcom WiFi/BT card?
  4. Are you using the M.2_3 connector for connection of a compatible WiFi/BT card? The M.2_3 connector is located adjacent to the CMOS battery on the motherboard.
  5. Are you using a PCIe x1 adapter card, native Apple Broadcom WiFi/BT card with a 9-pin USB cable to connect the BT module via a Motherboard USB2 Header?
  6. Are you using an external USB BT dongle?

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Thank you, here I post my EFI.
About my bluetooth problem:
I have UTBMap.kext and I’m using Intel Wifi/BT card (Intel AX210).

Thank you for your help! :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    48.8 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is an updated OC EFI for your AMD B550/6-core CPU/Navi dGPU/Intel Wifi/BT system, based on OC 0.9.2.

All you need to do is rename the folder to EFI and add your MacPro7,1 SMBIOS data, it should then be good to go.

Try it as it is, with the SMBIOS data and post a photo of any kernel panic verbose text if something goes wrong during the boot.

FYI: Your current OC EFI.
  • AMD patches are out of date for Ventura. - updated to latest.
  • Contained DeviceProperties for Broadcom WiFi/BT card - deleted.
  • Number of Kexts are out of date - updated.
  • Number of unnecessary SSDT's, Drivers, Kexts and Tools - omitted.

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.2.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 10

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Ok! First try seems ok :) Now I will try to update the macos version... I will keep you updated :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your UTBMap.kext is a waste of space. It only activates 15 USB ports, when your AMD board is not limited to 15 ports. That limit is only in effect for Intel motherboards which usually have between 20 and 26 USB ports served by a single USB controller (XHC).

AMD motherboards have two or more USB controllers, each controller has a 15 port limit. It is not the aggregate of the two, as shown in your UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist (PTXH & XHC0).

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 22.26.24.png UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist

Assuming you haven't completely deleted another USB controller, your USB config can contain a maximum of 30 USB ports across the two controllers.

Your motherboard contains the following:

Motherboard: (12 x ports total)
2 x USB3 motherboard Headers each providing 4 x USB ports (8 ports in total) - all 8 x ports (4 x USB3 & 4 x USB2 virtual ports) should be set with connector type (3).
2 x USB2 motherboard Headers, each providing 2 x USB2 ports (4 ports in total) - all 4 x ports should be set with connector type (255) Internal.

Rear I/O plate: (16 or 18 x ports depending on Type-C connector)
2 x USB2 physical ports - these are the only ports that should be set with connector type (0) USB2.
5 x USB3 Physical Type-A ports - all 10 ports should be set with connector type (3) USB3. There will be 5 x Physical USB3 ports and 5 x virtual USB2 ports.
1 x Type-C physical port - this provides either 2 x ports or 4 x ports depending on whether the Type-C connector is with switch, or without switch.

You need to build a new UTBMap.kext in Windows, but this time include all the ports, don't limit the kext to 15 ports.

You need to pay particular attention to the setting for the Type-C port, as you have a mix of connector types (9) Type-c+switch and (10) Type-c without switch in your current setup.

The fact you have messed up your USB config will mean your system will have Sleep/wake issues and possibly other USB related issues.

the following screenshots of pages from your motherboard's User manual might come in handy when reconfiguring your UTBMap.kext, as they show the locations and descriptions for the ports etc.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 22.33.48.png Motherboard layout USB Headers highlighted

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 22.34.05.png Motherboard layout descriptors, also colour matched and highlighted.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 22.34.26.png Rear I/O plate ports

USB3 ports - highlighted in RED
USB2 Headers - highlighted in BLUE
USB2 ports - highlighted in ORANGE
Type-C port - highlighted in GREEN

Hope this helps.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I just remembered that the M.2_3 connector (WiFi/BT) socket, may also have a USB2 port associated as it would be needed for the Bluetooth module to work.

This M.2 connected USB (header) port would need to be set with connector type (255), for the Bluetooth to work correctly. So that would make a maximum of 5 x Internal (255) ports on your ASRock B550 Steel Legend motherboard.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hey thank you really much for your time! I really appreciate it :)

I was able to update my mac to 13.4 versione! Wifi and Bluetooth work, but i need to fix the UTBMap.kext for that problem we talked above

I want to let you know that a couple of months ago I switched my gpu from a RX 570 (everything was fine... games and emulator) to a RX 6650 XT.... benchmarks are higher but with emulators I have problems... Do you think it's a compatibility issue?

Thank you again :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sorry but I have no idea why the games or emulators would not work, if they worked with your previous GPU.

clayzizer

AMD OS X Member
I found same issue. I tried to update but when after updated and boot again mac stil at version 13.2.1

My spec
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: Biostar B450MH
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Graphics: Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC
WIFI+BT Asus PCE-AX3000
SSD M.2 256GB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    47.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I tried to update my usb map and this is the result. What do you think?

Screenshot.png

Thank you again! :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The USB configuration shown above is not correct.

Screenshot.png Highlighted Hackintool > USB tab showing errors listed below.

Corrections are required under both controllers:

PTXH:
  1. POT1 & POT5 are Type-C+switch ports, so should be set with connector type (9) Type-c+sw in Hackintool. Highlighted in Green.
  2. PO7 & PO9 need to be manually renamed in the UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist so they are seen as POT7 & POT9 respectively.
  3. POT6, PO7 & POT8 are set as USB2, these are USB2 virtual ports served from a physical USB3 port/header so they should be set as USB3, to match the physical port. Highlighted in Red.
  4. PO12 & PO13 are not USB2 physical ports, there are only 2 x USB2 physical ports and they are shown as PO9 & PO10. These are most likely USB3 ports served by an unused motherboard Header, so should either be deleted if not used or set with connector type (3) USB3 if they are to be retained. Deleting any unused ports is probably best, as you don't need them. Highlighted in Blue.
XHC0:
  1. PRT3 & PRT4 are set as USB2 physical ports when they are serving USB2 case front ports from an internal header. These should be set as Internal (255) to reflect the motherboard connection, not the case port type. Highlighted in Red.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
I did the corrections you suggested. Thank you really much :) ❤️

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.