Please help

keef247

AMD OS X Member
Spec as follows:
3600 NON X 6 core, MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC MITX, Gigabyte RX570 8gb, 16gb 2666mhz, 550gb WD BLUE sata - also have a 500gb pci-e 3.0 nvme that doesn't behave with Big Sur so resorted to using the sata... But can try using this again if needed? It used to just fail half way through installing Ventura for example or Big Sur, and even used as a 2nd drive when Big Sur is on sata, it just disappears mid copying files to it even if partitioned as Non APFS.

TLDR, it works perfectly with Big Sur, only BT doesn't work due to Intel no matter what kext I use - solved via an ASUS BT400 BT4.0 usb dongle so no biggie...

Problem is Sonoma will just reboot loop. Got annoyed and put Big Sur back on but will have another go tomorrow as I have the time...

Now what I want to know is, can I just paste my current working EFI folder into the usb installer's EFI partition then back into the SSD's providing it actually gets me to desktop? Or is there something sneaky I have to change in the config.plist? It's set for 6 cores but I noticed this differs depending on what version of macOS? But the Dortana guide only shows up to Ventura :( so I've no idea if anything needs changing?

In the past when I tried with Ventura it would have an issue with onboard graphics, I've since found the ignore function on my motherboard so hoping that isn't the issue this time (but as I say will take a pic/write what the error is when it happens again)

Just wondering if there's something silly my EFI needs for Sonoma that's different from what works on Big Sur? Any kexts that need changing or anything in the config.plist?

Please be gentle haha this is my first hackintosh since Leopard and then MSIwindOSX!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Ahhh sorted then. Glad you've got the system up to date now.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.