opencore version

laurent

AMD OS X Member
Good morning
which opencore version should I use? for a catalina 10.15.7 installation on an asus rog strix b550 a gaming motherboard
and an rx 5500xt
THANKS

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Use a recent release, 0.9.4 or newer along with the latest AMD kernel patches.

That way you have the best bootloader and most recent patches for your AMD system.

You can even use the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS with Catalina, as it was initially supported in 10.15.1.

You just need to edit the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries in the config.plist to allow the Catalina APFS drivers to be used. Otherwise the drive you have select to use for macOS won't show on the OC boot screen after the initial installation phase, i.e. when the system reboots and looks to boot from the macOS install drive, rather than the USB installer.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 21.37.38.png MinDate and MinVersion entries for High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.

Using '-1' for these two entries is not recommended.

laurent

AMD OS X Member
Use a recent release, 0.9.4 or newer along with the latest AMD kernel patches.

That way you have the best bootloader and most recent patches for your AMD system.

You can even use the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS with Catalina, as it was initially supported in 10.15.1.

You just need to edit the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries in the config.plist to allow the Catalina APFS drivers to be used. Otherwise the drive you have select to use for macOS won't show on the OC boot screen after the initial installation phase, i.e. when the system reboots and looks to boot from the macOS install drive, rather than the USB installer.

View attachment 12943 MinDate and MinVersion entries for High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.

Using '-1' for these two entries is not recommended.
thank you I downloaded opencore 9.4
so I created a dsdt with hachintool
and after ssdtime
to create a single SSDT-HPET file
is this normal?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
When using SSDTTime on an old system such as an FX motherboard I usually generate these tables with Corpnewt’s python script:

SSDT-EC.aml
SSDT-HPET.aml
SSDT-USBX.aml
SSDT-XOSI.aml

There will be companion ACPI patches generated that need to be added to the config.plist. Without these patches the SSDT-HPET & SSDT-XOSI table won’t work.

I would also look to see if the system requires an SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml table, using this section of the Dortania post-installation guide.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.