Opencore help for real noob

Xa3phod

AMD OS X Member
Hi. I am following the instructions for Opencore using Hackintosh Slav's Guide. He is very thorough, but I am getting very confused with his directions.
I think I followed the directions on how to modify the config.plist. But it get's to a point where he wants me to add the kexts in proper order. I do not understand where to add the kexts. Not sure if I'm allowed to copy of of his text, but

"Add: Here's where you specify which kexts to load, order matters here so make sure Lilu.kext is always first! Other higher priority kexts come after Lilu such as VirtualSMC, AppleALC, WhateverGreen, etc. A reminder that ProperTree users can run Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + R to add all their kexts in the correct order without manually typing each kext out.

• BundlePath
    • Name of the kext
    • ex: Lilu.kext"
I have no idea what I am supposed to do. There is an add at the beginning of the config.plist, is that where this is added? If so, why didn't he just add it first? So, where do I add the kext link and how do I do it? Using Proper-tree master.

Any help is appreciated. This is my first Hakentosh and I am simply confused.

Thanks

bkeegs

AMD OS X Member
if you got the kexts in the right folder in proper tree use snapshot and point it to the open-core directory and it will fill in the plist for u hope that helps

Xa3phod

AMD OS X Member
if you got the kexts in the right folder in proper tree use snapshot and point it to the open-core directory and it will fill in the plist for u hope that helps
How exactly do I do that and I believe I have the kext in the correct folder.

festuc

AMD OS X Member
Kext should be on OC/Kexts. Then,

Run the Clean Snapshot function(Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + R and point it at your EFI/OC folder),
  • This will remove all the entries from the config.plist and then adds all your SSDTs, Kexts and Firmware drivers to the config

I was there today last week, best of luck!

Xa3phod

AMD OS X Member
Kext should be on OC/Kexts. Then,

Run the Clean Snapshot function(Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + R and point it at your EFI/OC folder),
  • This will remove all the entries from the config.plist and then adds all your SSDTs, Kexts and Firmware drivers to the config

I was there today last week, best of luck!
Does the kext have to be in the kext folder on the USB or in the kext folder on my pc? Also, how do I know that the plist is properly populated?

Last edited:

festuc

AMD OS X Member
USB

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.