NootedRed gives black screen (as if display is turned off) on macOS Ventura 13.4.1

seifemadhamdy

AMD OS X Member
This happens on ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 4600H APU. How to fix?

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Please attach your zipped EFI with SMBIOS removed so we can investigate, @Middleman might be interested in this.

seifemadhamdy

AMD OS X Member
Please attach your zipped EFI with SMBIOS removed so we can investigate, @Middleman might be interested in this.
When I am using any of the suggested SMBIOSes by NootedRed like the MacBookPro16,3 the built-in laptop display turns off and it's not detected in macOS' display settings but I can confirm that hardware acceleration works by connecting an external monitor via HDMI.

Also, it is worth noting that when I use some of the unsuggested SMBIOSes like the MacBookPro16,4 the built-in laptop display turns on but only on black screen and HDMI stops working at all.

PS: The built-in display works normally and is being detected in macOS' display settings when disabling NootedRed.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 5

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
You could try adding the enable-backlight-registers-fix setting to the (spoofed) Intel Gpu device properties similar to @craigahazan’s build.
It needs to be a value of 01000000 set to type Data. That might enable the laptop’s backlight to work.

seifemadhamdy

AMD OS X Member
You could try adding the enable-backlight-registers-fix setting to the (spoofed) Intel Gpu device properties similar to @craigahazan’s build.
It needs to be a value of 01000000 set to type Data. That might enable the laptop’s backlight to work.
It doesn't work unfortunately.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Okay try this one. It's been fully updated to the latest OC 0.9.3 added your SMBIOS details and I've made a number of adjustments including
removing some of your unneeded ACPIs. The kernel patch has also been corrected with the setting for your 8 cores (last setting was incorrect).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.7 MB · Views: 20

seifemadhamdy

AMD OS X Member
Okay try this one. It's been fully updated to the latest OC 0.9.3 added your SMBIOS details and I've made a number of adjustments including
removing some of your unneeded ACPIs. The kernel patch has also been corrected with the setting for your 8 cores (last setting was incorrect).
@Middleman Thanks but currently I can't test as my laptop gives me the stop symbol and doesn't boot except for a few random times (even when using same bios settings and efi). This happens on any efi even the ones made by me or others or the one you uploaded. So, I need to fix this problem before the nootedred one as I am not successful in booting at least once since your efi upload. BTW I appreciate you helping in any way as my work depends on it (for XCode specifically) as I am stuck from problem to problem for about a month now.

PS: I am fairly sure that R5 4600H is a 6 core cpu.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.