No Wifi/Bluetooth/Ethernet on ASUS PROART X570-CREATOR WIFI

Bendover

AMD OS X Member
Using 12.2.1
Here you go. Don't forget to download Heliport and use a bluetooth dongle
You'll need to add in SystemSerialNumber & ROM with your own
Thanks for the EFI. However, thunderbolt hotplug doesn't work. Thunderbolt only works if drives are plugged in prior to boot.

AMD OS X Member
@amdosxuser9主板BIOS如何设置的?能不能提供设置截图?谢谢!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@778 use Google Translate.

@amdosxuser9 How is the motherboard BIOS set up? Can you provide a screenshot of the settings? Thanks!

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Guys,

Which settings in the BIOS did you use to install the OS? I can get past the phase 1 (after the reboot there is no picker of the "MAC OS" drive but just the Installer).

Thanks for sharing

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I assume you have selected the Installer option and it just brings you to the start of the macOS installation Wizard.

These are the AMD Bios settings recommended by the Dortania OC Ryzen guide.

# AMD Bios Settings

The macOS drive not showing is unlikely to be Bios related. It is more likely to be an issue in your OC setup. Something you have not added, or removed by mistake when updating the OC version to the latest release.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Many thanks for the swift reply. I have followed the Dortania Guide indication as far as the BIOS settings are concerned. I'm a bit lost: with the very same EFI I can perfectly boot and update another setup (the one in signature), also based on a X570. The only difference is the GPU (old Navi 10 Vs "new" Nvidia Gt710) and for it I have removed the picker agpmode=pikera.

Attached pls find my EFI. Any help is very much appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 2

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I have a ASUS PROART X570-CREATOR WIFI with a 5950x which is working well

What's not working is the Ethernet WIFI and Bluetooth. I'm currently connecting online using a Thunderbolt 4 to ethernet adapter

I installed the following Kexts from OpenIntelWireless:

AirportItlwm.kext
IntelBluetoothInjector.kext
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext

But they didn't work and were causing crashes. Anything else I can try?

Many thanks
Hi there! I'm working on this build too. There are many things to consider.
Right now I'm on Big Sur too but I'm going to update to VENTURA.
For Big Sur the i225-v ethernet controller works only if you use this boot-args "dk.e1000=0" and add in Device Prop the device-id "F3158680" or "F2150000", don't remember xD maybe both is fine. no need to use any kext!
then you have to change the Duplex settings from preferences and it will work.

Before this I get also the problem of IP address... now it works perfectly.
The 10Gbps ethernet aquantia it's not compatible on big sur. Only 107 model is working. 113 only from Monterey

for intel wifi I don't know because for now I disabled it on bios because I don't need it and I will change it with native BCM model.

Last edited:

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
Hi there! I'm working on this build too. There are many things to consider.
Right now I'm on Big Sur too but I'm going to update to VENTURA.
For Big Sur the i225-v ethernet controller works only if you use this boot-args "dk.e1000=0" and add in Device Prop the device-id "F3158680" or "F2150000", don't remember xD maybe both is fine. no need to use any kext!
then you have to change the Duplex settings from preferences and it will work.

Before this I get also the problem of IP address... now it works perfectly.
The 10Gbps ethernet aquantia it's not compatible on big sur. Only 107 model is working. 113 only from Monterey

for intel wifi I don't know because for now I disabled it on bios because I don't need it and I will change it with native BCM model.
if u want Intel I255-V working. you must have SSDT-I255.aml files with boot arg is e1000=0 will work perfectly for AQC 113CS work must follow Casey patch in order to make it work, btw, you must have other kext (I forget kext name, it's on Casey patch Instruction for Intel and AQC 113cs Aquantia 10Gb). for Big Sur just use dk.e1000=o in boot arg. you don't need to spoof any fake id

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
if u want Intel I255-V working. you must have SSDT-I255.aml files with boot arg is e1000=0 will work perfectly for AQC 113CS work must follow Casey patch in order to make it work, btw, you must have other kext (I forget kext name, it's on Casey patch Instruction for Intel and AQC 113cs Aquantia 10Gb). for Big Sur just use dk.e1000=o in boot arg. you don't need to spoof any fake id
Thanks silk. Right now I'm on Big Sur. I will try without device-id and just with the dk.e1000=0 bootarg. I think that the SSDT-I255.aml it's just to spoof the device-id, can you share it with me just to make sure? ssdt or device-id on devprop it's the same. For AQC113 on Big Sur there is nothing to do. Only from Monterey and up

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
Thanks silk. I think that SSDT-I255.aml it's just to spoof the device-id, can you share it with me just to make sure? ssdt or device-id on devprop it's the same. For AQC113 on Big Sur there is nothing to do. Only from Monterey and up
the SSDT files is here. I don't know you have same path for not. if not you have check it on Windows Device Manager.

Attachments

• SSDT-I225V.aml.zip
    985 bytes · Views: 4

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
the SSDT files is here. I don't know you have same path for not. if not you have check it on Windows Device Manager.
I saw that you have Asus ProArt x570 Creator too. Did you try it?

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
I saw that you have Asus ProArt x570 Creator too. Did you try it?
already try with Monterey but it's freezing, crashed I just stay on Big Sur right now. I'll try on Ventura soon when my. new Nmve arrive b/c I don't want to reinstall it on same drive over and over again. it's pain in butt to do that.

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
already try with Monterey but it's freezing, crashed I just stay on Big Sur right now. I'll try on Ventura soon when my. new Nmve arrive b/c I don't want to reinstall it on same drive over and over again. it's pain in butt to do that.
right now I'm on Ventura without any problem except that IOREG freeze, I can't use it and I don't know why. I'm trying to make a good usb map and then I will try to figure out what is make ioreg service freaking out.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which version of IORegistryExplorer are you using?

Try using this one, if you are not already doing so.

Vorshim92

AMD OS X Member
Which version of IORegistryExplorer are you using?

Try using this one, if you are not already doing so.

alrady tested both, 3 and 2.1
It's not a version problem. it's seems there is something that make ioreg reading freeze. Maybe something like bluetoothd process or somethink else. I will try to reenable wifi and bluetooth controller from the bios.
My efi is ready and everything works perfectly on Ventura 13.2 except for thunderbolt I think but I don't need it for now so...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You should disable Thunderbolt device in the bios when installing macOS, as it can cause unnecessary issues during the installation. Once you have everything else up and running then deal with the Thunderbolt device configuration. If you need it.

Poorly or misconfigured USBMap.kext or UTBMap.kext is as likely to be the cause for unexpected freezing of the system.
  1. Are you using someone else's UTBMap.kext?
  2. Or have you created the kext yourself?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.