No audio in Big Sur after upgrade from Catalina

spykor

AMD OS X Member
Audio was working fine (using VoodooHDA) in Catalina. But, after upgrading to Big Sur there is no audio. Even though, the volume icon on the panel is live (one can select various outputs with live volume bars), there is no sound coming from headphones or the speakers, no matter which output I choose.
I tried the normal fix (remove VoodooHDA from OpenCore injection -kexts section- and install it in L/E, then "bless" the system volume to create a new snapshot) but still no sound.

As far as I can say, the VoodooHDA.kext does not load during boot. I checked and is not loaded. Should I remove AppleHDA from S/L/E ? Would that help for VoodooHDA to load?

Does anyone has any clues on how to solve this problem?

thanks

UPDATE !!!

The solution was simple and at the same time very obscure (because there was no notification or warning).

After everything is done properly and audio is still missing while VoodooHDA does not load, one must go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and click on the "lock", give administrator password to unlock. Then click OK on the window with the list of the kexts and apps that are forbidden to load, in order to authorise them for loading.
Then, the system will reboot and after that everything should be working. It did in my case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.