Need some help with Ventura upgrade

soulblood

AMD OS X Member
Hi all, I tried to upgrade my current EFI from monterey (12.5.1 running well) to ventura but I was stuck at the very first kernel panic and I haven't figured out why. Could you take a look and help me with my EFI? thanks!

Here's my spec: Ryzen 5600x + Gigabyte 5600XT+ Gigabyte Aorus B450 ITX + SN770

Attachments

• EFI 083.zip
    17 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi all, I tried to upgrade my current EFI from monterey (12.5.1 running well) to ventura but I was stuck at the very first kernel panic and I haven't figured out why. Could you take a look and help me with my EFI? thanks!

Here's my spec: Ryzen 5600x + Gigabyte 5600XT+ Gigabyte Aorus B450 ITX + SN770
Okay @soulblood,

I have created an EFI based on my working OC 0.8.2 Ventura build for AMD B550 boards and adjusted the settings appropriate for your motherboard which includes extra required SSDTs. Please give the EFI a try. It should work with Ventura on at least version 13.1+ as it has been updated to OC 0.8.3. Subsequent versions (Ventura 13.2+) will need the hash password patch which I have not yet included in the build.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    46.9 MB · Views: 24

soulblood

AMD OS X Member
Okay @soulblood,

I have created an EFI based on my working OC 0.8.2 Ventura build for AMD B550 boards and adjusted the settings appropriate for your motherboard which includes extra required SSDTs. Please give the EFI a try. It should work with Ventura on at least version 13.1+ as it has been updated to OC 0.8.3. Subsequent versions (Ventura 13.2+) will need the hash password patch which I have not yet included in the build.
Thanks @Middleman

I'll give it a try later this week. Just curious, there's many SSDTs and i assume these are the ones required to get through the first EB error?

Could you point me to the hash password patch, i think i created the latest installer for ventura beta tho..

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks @Middleman

I'll give it a try later this week. Just curious, there's many SSDTs and i assume these are the ones required to get through the first EB error?

Could you point me to the hash password patch, i think i created the latest installer for ventura beta tho..
Yes that's correct - use the whole folder as it is more than just SSDTs involved.

Yes sure it's this one.

root-hash-patch.png

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.