Need help

Falcon

AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I would try removing that section from your Config.plist's DeviceProperties. As it may not match with your WiFi/BT card. Different laptops are provided with different WiFi/BT cards. Even later revisions of the same laptop can have different components. So this may be preventing your WiFi/BT card from working.

Your laptop won't have a Realtek 2.5GB ethernet controller. It will have a 1GB controller, it just may not be a Realtek Ethernet controller. The /EFI/OC/Kexts folder you linked contains the normal RealtekRTL8111.kext for a 1GB ethernet controller. If you have an Intel Ethernet controller in your laptop the Realtek kext will be useless.

The best thing you can do is boot in to Windows or a Linux Live USB/CD and confirm the devices present in your laptop. Without doing this you could spend a lot of time searching for the wrong kexts/drivers.

Falcon

AMD OS X Member
I would try removing that section from your Config.plist's DeviceProperties. As it may not match with your WiFi/BT card. Different laptops are provided with different WiFi/BT cards. Even later revisions of the same laptop can have different components. So this may be preventing your WiFi/BT card from working.

Your laptop won't have a Realtek 2.5GB ethernet controller. It will have a 1GB controller, it just may not be a Realtek Ethernet controller. The /EFI/OC/Kexts folder you linked contains the normal RealtekRTL8111.kext for a 1GB ethernet controller. If you have an Intel Ethernet controller in your laptop the Realtek kext will be useless.

The best thing you can do is boot in to Windows or a Linux Live USB/CD and confirm the devices present in your laptop. Without doing this you could spend a lot of time searching for the wrong kexts/drivers.
if i look on the hp website it tells me this ( 8168C adapter) sp71892.exe

Last edited:

Falcon

AMD OS X Member

see this also:

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Definitely remove that from the DeviceProperties section in your config.plist, as it is probably the cause of your Ethernet controller not working. You have the correct kext in your OC setup. So no need to change that, unless you want to try another kext.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
What does Windows say about your Ethernet controller, .i.e. what name does it apply to the controller?

Falcon

AMD OS X Member
i found the issue with hackingtool. the driver is not loaded if i look under extensions.
it is not green. But how to fix it?

It show RTL810xE PCI Express Fast ethernet controller ,
Ethernet, PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

(I deleted two previous messages , reason too much confusion for everyone)

Attachments

• IMG20231110162031.jpg
    IMG20231110162031.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
For the 100MB Ethernet controller you need an older kext. Try the kext attached below.

Attachments

• RealtekRTL8100-V2.0.1.zip
    141.4 KB · Views: 4

Falcon

AMD OS X Member
For the 100MB Ethernet controller you need an older kext. Try the kext attached below.
it seems like to work. Tomorrow i inform you for the result. Thanks!

Message for today. YESSSS everything works.
Edhawck thanks for your great help!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.