Need Help with Ventura

kantagara

AMD OS X Member
My friend made me this efi that is attached, that one worked flawlessly for Big Sur, everything worked as expected, unfortunately, none of the things I have tried are making sure that I can boot Ventura. Can anyone help me out on this?

Config is: AMD 3600x
MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus (not WIFI)

Kind regards.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 4

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Give this a whirl. Updated to the latest OC (0.8.7) and kernel patches updated and corrected. You had it set for a 8 core.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 27

kantagara

AMD OS X Member
WOW, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have tried several options to make this work and what finally made it work was making the bootable Ventura on my several year old macbook, then copy pasting this EFI folder of yours to the location of the previous EFI (since there was no EFI partition on my USB), and that worked like a charm. Thank you so much again. Where can I donate?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
WOW, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have tried several options to make this work and what finally made it work was making the bootable Ventura on my several year old macbook, then copy pasting this EFI folder of yours to the location of the previous EFI (since there was no EFI partition on my USB), and that worked like a charm. Thank you so much again. Where can I donate?

Glad that worked for you. There's a donate link in the menu at the top of the forum if you wish.

kantagara

AMD OS X Member
Glad that worked for you. There's a donate link in the menu at the top of the forum if you wish.
I will! I just have two more questions. Even with the previous, Big Sur, I occasionally had super bad internet, like most of the time it was really bad and then all of a sudden it just gets better. And then it falls down again, that never happened on Ubuntu nor on Windows, so to me it looks like it's a driver issue, but I seem to have the right network drivers?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@kantagara Hard to say. Ethernet got a bit different in recent times with Apple changing over to DriverKit. The easiest option is to get a USB to LAN adapter. I had one when there was no way of getting the LAN port on my board working under macOS. That's now been fixed but the USB adapter worked OOB.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Pretty much any USB to Ethernet adapter will work In macOS.

Not sure why the built in Realtek 8111H Gigabit LAN Controller (Ethernet) on your motherboard doesn’t work in macOS if you are using the correct kext.

You should be using a Realtek8111.kext, which version of the kext are you using?

kantagara

AMD OS X Member
It works, it is just that sometimes the packets were being dropped for no obvious reason.
But, now the weird part is, when I got USB to Ethernet and plugged it in, it took him some time to install the driver. Then that adapter started literally being removed from the adapters list every x seconds, but now, my native ethernet cable works perfectly. Like I didn't have package drops in hours, speed is as expected. So I have no idea how those two are 'connected' but it works really good for the time being.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
We are talking about an AMD Hackintosh, never expect it to work first time. Always expect something funky to occur!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.