Need help to make it work again

JKilberry

AMD OS X Member
Half a year ago I installed High Sierra on my PC. Since then I upgraded my PC:
r7 1700x -> 5800x
asrock b450 pro4 - x570 pro4
16 gb 2666 -> 32 gb 3800
gtx 1080 -> rx 580

Since old times, when I was fluent in hackintoshing, I remember that my actual system should work great now.

But I struggle now, OS says that I dont have internet connection to go further than Disk Utility , probably it is matter of date or of new Ethernet port on motherboard, so i need some kext.

I dont have any Windows installed and old knowledges to alter my config and kexts. Help me please. SOS.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your new ASRock X570 Pro4 motherboard uses an Intel I211AT Ethernet controller. So the Realtek Ethernet kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder won't work.

You also don't need the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, as that is used with laptop systems to have keyboard, mouse or Trackpad working in macOS.

Going by the dates of the BOOTx64.efi, OpenCore.efi and OpenRuntime.efi driver you are using OpenCore 0.7.7 from January 2022. Is there a reason you are using an older version of OpenCore? I take it you are also using the TEXT picker list as the boot loader screen.

I have updated and revised your the EFI below, so it works with your X570 board, 8-core CPU, RX580 and uses the latest version of OpenCore 0.8.1.

See how this works with your High Sierra installation.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 5

JKilberry

AMD OS X Member
Thanks man, you are great. It worked out. By the way, I remember you, you're the one who made that config work back in January. Since then I changed nothing, cauz I don't remember how to do anything, that is why i tried old OpenCore.

JKilberry

AMD OS X Member
By the way, I updated my OS from High Sierra up to Monterey and lost my Ethernet port again(((

Maybe it's a signal, to learn hackintoshing again, and make Monterey from the start

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.