Need help to install big sur on R5 2600x msi b450 mortar max rx 570 4gb

nurmohammad

AMD OS X Member
I tried to install big sur on my r5 2600x, msi b450 mortar max, 16gb ram & rx 570 4gb. But failed for a several times. Can anyone help me?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your EFI folder so we can see what you are using.

nurmohammad

AMD OS X Member
Post a copy of your EFI folder so we can see what you are using.
Here is the EFI folder by which I tried to boot.
Other files are these
EFI
--BOOT
BOOTx64.efi
--OC
----ACPI
SSDT-CPUR.aml
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
SSDT-USBX.aml
----Drivers
HfsPlus.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
----Kexts
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SMCAMDProcessor.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
----Resources
----Tools
OpenShell.efi
--config.plist
--OpenCore.efi

Attachments

• Screenshot_31.png
    Screenshot_31.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Zip/compress and attach a physical copy of your EFI folder. But for starters:

ACPI folder:
You don't need SSDT-CPUR.aml with your B450 motherboard, this SSDT is for B550 & A520 motherboards.
SSDT-USBX.aml is a duplicate, as you are using SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml table.

Drivers folder:
Add OpenCanopy.efi, ResertNvramEvent.efi and ToggleSipEntry.efi

Kexts folder:
Add AppleALC.kext and RestrictEvents.kext.

Resources folder:
Download and add the OCBinaryData-Master folder from Acidanthera Github repository, to enable OC GUI boot screen.

Tools folder:
Add CleanNvram.efi, OpenShell.efi and ResetSystem.efi.

No idea what's going on in your config.plist.

nurmohammad

AMD OS X Member
Zip/compress and attach a physical copy of your EFI folder. But for starters:

ACPI folder:
You don't need SSDT-CPUR.aml with your B450 motherboard, this SSDT is for B550 & A520 motherboards.
SSDT-USBX.aml is a duplicate, as you are using SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml table.

Drivers folder:
Add OpenCanopy.efi, ResertNvramEvent.efi and ToggleSipEntry.efi

Kexts folder:
Add AppleALC.kext and RestrictEvents.kext.

Resources folder:
Download and add the OCBinaryData-Master folder from Acidanthera Github repository, to enable OC GUI boot screen.

Tools folder:
Add CleanNvram.efi, OpenShell.efi and ResetSystem.efi.

No idea what's going on in your config.plist.
Thanks for your guidance, I will do what you have just told. Also, I have followed all the steps to configure the config.plist. You can have a look, I am uploading the config file here. Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.1 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Attach a copy of the whole EFI folder, your config.plist doesn't tell the full story.

nurmohammad

AMD OS X Member
Here it is. I have changed some of the files and plist, what I have sent you earlier. This folder I was trying to use yesterday.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I can't recall if the MSI issues regarding Big Sur were ever fixed. You may need to install Monterey or Ventura to get macOS up and running on your system.

Try the attached OpenCore 0.9.4 EFI folder, it will work with Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura without any changes.

It has been created following the Ryzen OC guide for a B450 MB, 6-core CPU and Polaris dGPU.
  • It uses the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.
  • I have included npci=0x3000 boot argument as I don't know if you have enabled or disabled Above 4G Decoding in your bios.
    • If you have disabled Above 4G decoding in your bios or your bios doesn't contain this option, you can use the EFI as is.
    • If you have enabled Above 4G Decoding in your bios, then you need to remove the npci=0x3000 boot argument from the config.plist before you try to install macOS.
You should have already made changes to your bios, but just incase you haven't, follow these options.

AMD BIOS Settings​

• Note: Most of these options may not be present in your firmware, we recommend matching up as closely as possible but don't be too concerned if many of these options are not available in your BIOS

Disable​

• Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • IOMMU
Special note for 3990X users: macOS currently does not support more than 64 threads in the kernel, and so will kernel panic if it sees more. The 3990X CPU has 128 threads total and so requires half of that disabled. We recommend disabling hyper threading in the BIOS for these situations.

Enable​

• Above 4G Decoding (This must be on, if you can't find the option then add npci=0x3000 to boot-args. Do not have both this option and npci enabled at the same time.)
    • If you are on a Gigabyte/Aorus or an AsRock motherboard, enabling this option may break certain drivers(ie. Ethernet) and/or boot failures on other OSes, if it does happen then disable this option and opt for npci instead
    • 2020+ BIOS Notes: When enabling Above4G, Resizable BAR Support may become an available on some X570 and newer motherboards. Please ensure that Booter -> Quirks -> ResizeAppleGpuBars is set to 0 if this is enabled.
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode (some motherboards may require "Other OS" instead)
  • SATA Mode: AHCI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 5

nurmohammad

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your reply, currently I have almost prepared the efi by your previous guideline. If it doesn't work, I will use your EFI and let you know what happens.

nurmohammad

AMD OS X Member
As I prepared the files and usb drive wasn’t appear in the boot selection. But when I used your efi, it showed up one icon named windows, and rebooted in windows. I have enabled and disabled the settings mentioned in the guideline.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.