Need help fixing random rebooting (OpenCore) Gigabyte Aero G Z690 I9 12900K AMD RX6600 System brand new

Artisto

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone,
I am brand new to this site. Its been a long time since I undertook this experiment with its newest methods which I am learning. I was on another forum which proved to be exactly what so many others criticized it to be and even more atrocious for the way they mistreat people who ask for the very help they propose and are expected to offer.

More about that some other time, heres my issue!

I have a newly installed OS (purple mottled screen) and I don't understand why it randomly reboots after some time being on. I am just learning OpenCore . The last thing I read shows that using Hackintool, one should copy the file path of your AMD Graphics driver and add it to your config.plist. Though I can guess at how to do it, I'd rather develop my confidence by someone directly showing me. If this is what will fix my issue. Currently from my internal drive, if I double click on the config.plist, it wants to know if I want to download the default, public or developer version. I don't know this, so I guess and then nothing happens that I see. Only if I double click on the config.plist file on my bootable USB will it open up the GUI. Can I please get some help here? Thank you very much in advance!!!

Last edited:

Artisto

AMD OS X Member
Does this video here make any sense to anyone ? This is a fix posted where apparently it occurs in Catalina. Maybe its the same issue at hand but using Clover. Anyone? All I hear is crickets!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
We can't tell what is wrong from someone else's video and a basic list of the components in your setup. So post a copy of the OpenCore EFI folder you are using, so we can see what you are using and if anything needs changing.

Redact your Serial Number from the config.plist before posting your EFI here.

Artisto

AMD OS X Member
I may be making some progress here but if anyone else runs across this problem here is a command line to help figure out what is going on with the system.... log show --predicate ’eventMessage contains "Previous shutdown cause"’ --last 24hr

Artisto

AMD OS X Member
We can't tell what is wrong from someone else's video and a basic list of the components in your setup. So post a copy of the OpenCore EFI folder you are using, so we can see what you are using and if anything needs changing.

Redact your Serial Number from the config.plist before posting your EFI here.
Copy- will soon post -Thanks for caring to help!!!

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@Artisto,

I think it’s an issue with the RX6600’s property settings. I had the same issue before and had resolved it.
There are a few things you need to do to make the system stable. First try to add these values into your RX6600's device properties:

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.52.43 AM.png

Secondly you may need to add SSDT-BRG.aml & SSDT-XSPI.aml to your build. That was what I did with my Z590I Vision D build using the RX6600 and that brought
much stability (not including other factors such as processor kexts and settings).

As I also have a Z690 motherboard set up also I am aware of the differences with the CPU setup in Opencore.
If you need help in correctly setting up a Z690 you can find my working EFI here for Big Sur/Monterey > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...amd-6900xt-install-and-support-thread.318407/

Artisto

AMD OS X Member
Here is one of the two I used- During my final two installation attempts

Attachments

• EFI.Opencore.Desktop.AlderLake.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 5

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Here is one of the two I used- During my final two installation attempts
Okay @Artisto,

I've taken the liberty to look at your EFI and rejig it based it around my working EFI build but modified to working Aero G builds.

I have to say that your earlier EFI was a total disaster. Whilst I can see you tried to make an effort, I found it had a number of issues.
One of the most glaring was the fact that no device properties were added into the tables, no GPU data or audio chip data was inserted
and you used a single named SSDT (which is incorrect btw). You also had at least 3 different LAN kexts all added and enabled. Ideally
you should only enable one or two LAN kexts in case of conflicts. Also the SMBIOS section was way too populated. You only need the
bottom part of the DataHub section filled, not the rest of the SMBIOS screens.

I also have disabled the two SSDTs for Thunderbolt for now - you can reenable it in the near future if you add in a TB3 card.

Anyways I have the SSDT all correctly named in SMBIOS (with your details) and updated to the latest OC 0.8.3. So just drop the EFI into
your EFI partition and see how it goes. But it should be fully working afaik.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.3 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.