My Name is Carla Rogers and I am Deplorable

carla_rogers

AMD OS X Member
I guess we like introductions around here. I just wrote a long thing for my profile upon signing up.

I am kinda curious how you guys found my avatar without me uploading it. I don't remember setting up a Gravatar.

1691309600284.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
All those Hackintosh 'worlds/paths' are now using OpenCore bootloader, unless they are really stuck in the past. So your choice should now be much much clearer, as to which Hackintosh path to follow.

The Dortania site/guides are the ones to follow, whether that be for an Intel or AMD system. Below is a link to the front page of the Dortania OpenCore Install Guide.

You need to read the guide, a few sections will require reading more than once. As there are so many variations in the Hackintosh system you can build this means there are an equal number of options/variations in how to configure your system using OpenCore for macOS.

If you look through the 'Success Stories' forum on this site you will see a lot of builds that you could copy of use as a base.

We are happy to help you if you opt to follow the AMD Vanilla Hackintosh route.

carla_rogers

AMD OS X Member
All those Hackintosh 'worlds/paths' are now using OpenCore bootloader, unless they are really stuck in the past. So your choice should now be much much clearer, as to which Hackintosh path to follow.

The Dortania site/guides are the ones to follow, whether that be for an Intel or AMD system. Below is a link to the front page of the Dortania OpenCore Install Guide.

You need to read the guide, a few sections will require reading more than once. As there are so many variations in the Hackintosh system you can build this means there are an equal number of options/variations in how to configure your system using OpenCore for macOS.

If you look through the 'Success Stories' forum on this site you will see a lot of builds that you could copy of use as a base.

I am not worthy. Providing this information is big deal, thank you. Please do not hesitate to let me know anything I can do to send a favor your way.

I dropped into dortania.github.io. Read the intro.

What do think of this proposition: AMD is most awesome. I don't know if Intel has improved since I last checked in on them, charging more than AMD for lesser tech. Is this valid?

When it comes to getting a Hackintosh, does an AMD road come with more pitfalls and hassles, or less support, than an intel road

Last question for today. Apart from dortania.github.io, anything else you would suggest for basic education? Opps, I just reread this. This is a good guide to the guides. Thanks again man.

Edhawk wrote:

Last edited:

carla_rogers

AMD OS X Member
Looking into the future, a day will come, God willing, and I do my part, I will have a new computer running the most recent mac OS. Prospects for applying upgrades to that system each year as Apple releases new versions of the OS? Anything for that sure that can be said about that?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
What do think of this proposition: AMD is most awesome. I don't know if Intel has improved since I last checked in on them, charging more than AMD for lesser tech. Is this valid?
Yes, it is valid.

When it comes to getting a Hackintosh, does an AMD road come with more pitfalls and hassles, or less support, than an intel road
No the process for creating/building an AMD Hackintosh is no more difficult or problematic than for an Intel system.

You just need to select the correct/compatible components for your build. Reading some of the posts in the ‘Success Stories ’ forum on this site would be a good place to start when considering an AMD Hack.

Aiming to build a Hack that is at the bleeding edge of compatible systems is always going to be more difficult and expensive but there are some very good guides written by @CaseySJ here.

As Apple have stopped making Intel systems and are now in a closed world using Apple Silicon (ARM processors etc.) there is a limited timeframe remaining for the Hackintosh world using the latest releases of macOS.

Sooner or later Apple will completely abandon their Intel systems. At that point the Hackintosh ecosystem will grind to a hault. While we will still be able to use our Hacks there will be no further updates from Apple. This may happen in 3 years or in 5-6 years depending on how many more macOS releases Apple provides for their Intel Macs.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.