My head hurts from hitting it on the wall!

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
I've reached the point where I need to get some help. I've been working on a new build with the hardware in my profile. @leesurone directed me to @Kubokun has he as similar hardware. His EFI helped me through a hurdle I was having with constant KPs - corrected for my processor, usb map, and GPU spoof. When I first used the EFI I was able to get to the installer from Catalina through Ventura.. I don't have the right WLAN chip yet (on order) so I was trying to get the Intel i-225v LAN card working. I can't proceed with the install without web access.

I was looking through several forums and saw that it was supposed to have native support in Sonoma. I swapped out the base image for Sonoma and booted up. I got thru the picker and then hit a" OCB: install image failed unsupported". It now does it with every macos. I'm resetting NVRAM between each boot. It isn't helping. Ive read through the troubleshooting section of the guide. Those suggestions didn't work in addition to I don't have a security violation error with the load failure. There are only a couple of mentions on this site the one guy that was having an issue never posted back if it worked (guessing yes because he was never heard from again).

I changed around pretty much everything I could think of that I changed in the config.plist provided to the point where I went back to the original EFI from @Kubokun and only changed the CPU core count along with adding the GPU spoof. BTW before the Sonoma attempt the GPU Spoof was enabled and not causing an issue. The other things I changed was enabling the AppleDebugging quirk, unhid auxiliary, and set the picker to Full. I can also say I'm not getting any error logs output to the USB. I don't know why. I have verbose enabled. It's why I turned on the AppleDebug quirk. Didn't help. Anyway after these changes I now get nothing when I select install_macos.dmg in the picker. It does some processing in the background because the cursor doesn't move and neither does the picker menu. After about 30 sec. The cursor moves again and choices can be selected.

Can I get an experienced look at my EFI. I would appreciate it very much. Please and thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 1

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
@Kubokun I've tried the offline installer you provided - many thanks. It didn't work. I believe the answer is in the log file but I don't know what it means because one error can't be true and the other I don't know how to fix because by accounts it should have the necessary drivers. Attached is my EFI and the last two log files. My system specs are in the signature block making the one error not true.

Attachments

• EFI_Debug.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 0
  • opencore-2024-02-21-051937.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • opencore-2024-02-21-052032.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
Some progress. I burned the full installer to a usb ssd that I have. I got past the two errors in the previous post and it tries to install macOS. Unfortunately, I don't get to the installer menu. It is in a loop looking for a bluetooth adapter. I hope the BCM94360NG card I ordered will still viable by the time it gets here.

Right now I'm going to go back and try the same thing with the recovery dmg.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Broadcom WiFi/BT cards lost support with the release of macOS Sonoma. You will have to use the OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OCLP) Root patches, to enable the BCM94360NG WiFi.

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
Broadcom WiFi/BT cards lost support with the release of macOS Sonoma. You will have to use the OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OCLP) Root patches, to enable the BCM94360NG WiFi.
I was pretty sure I read that. I believe the statement was to deal with the legacy patcher "and all that entails". Looks like I've got more reading to do. :geek:

For now I'm going partly back to the beginning. I think my EFI is mostly good. So I'm working on the USB installer. I decided to try thin Mac method since I have a Mac VM on my Proxmox server. I can't direct attach a USB to it (well I can but its a hassle) so I built a blank image with enough capacity. I installed the the app file to the image and added my EFI. I then converted it to an ISO and I'm currently transferring it to my new Mac host. When it's done I'll burn it to a USB and try again.

My forehead may come out looking like a Shawshank hammer when I'm done but I'm GETTING THROUGH THIS WALL.

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
@Tek-Chief Try this, Start by first one: Gigabyte Patch Enable
Use that offline Installer Image.

Attachments

• EFI Gigabyte Patch enable.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 4
  • EFI Gigabyte Patch Disable.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 1

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
@Kubokun I gave it a shot on both of them. I’m still getting an ”image load failed - unsupported“ error. I’m starting to wonder if it is something in my BIOS settings. I’ll double check I have them set the same as you. I may need to roll it back a few versions. I’m on F9.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.