MSI MB fixes!!!

shnyaps

AMD OS X Member
If you have MSI mb and have troubles with Monterey or Ventura. There are new patches for RYZEN.

P.S. I had OS Ventura on my MSI x570 Godlike. There was one problem: wifi wasn't working.
Today I found new patch with this description:

Note for Zen 4: Zen 4 (Ryzen 7000) requires patching for IOPCIFamily.kext. <br/>
This patch is enabled by default. Please ensure that you've added it to your current config for Zen 4 stability.
This patch also allows MSI A520, B550, and X570 boards to boot macOS Monterey and newer.

I decided to check it: now my itlwm wifi is working like a charm!
I hope someone will read this)

P.P.S.
Don't forget about core's count patches

flAked

AMD OS X Member
I wonder if someone with a MSI B550(m) tested this yet? The biggest problem with these boards were that SATA and NVME drives didn't show up at all.
I switched to an ASUS board in the meantime, but it had some compromises like requiring an additional SATA card.

shnyaps

AMD OS X Member
I have x570 Godlike. Osx sees all nvme drives, with sata there are some problems.
osx sees only sata connected to Asmedia controller (it is integrated to MB)
My MB has 6 sata ports: 4 via x570, 2 via Asmedia controller

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
If you have MSI mb and have troubles with Monterey or Ventura. There are new patches for RYZEN.

P.S. I had OS Ventura on my MSI x570 Godlike. There was one problem: wifi wasn't working.

Note for Zen 4: Zen 4 (Ryzen 7000) requires patching for IOPCIFamily.kext. <br/>
This patch is enabled by default. Please ensure that you've added it to your current config for Zen 4 stability.
This patch also allows MSI A520, B550, and X570 boards to boot macOS Monterey and newer.

P.P.S.

How to do that?
I searched across github and googled but nothing found.
Will you share detailed step by step operation please?
Thanks.

adrianz

AMD OS X Member

P.P.S.

I mean, the detailed step for "patching for IOPCIFamily.kext".

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.