Monterey on AMD A8 6600K

Novanatur

AMD OS X Member
Im trying to install Monterey on my PC but got stuck, anyone knows how to succed?
Board is ASRock

FM2A55M-HD+​

Processor AMD A8 6600K
Graphics: GTX 970

Attachments

• EFI_A8_6600K_OC_087_DEV_DEBUG_v2.zip
    6 MB · Views: 2
  • opencore-2022-11-15-110506.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2022-11-15-110206.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • opencore-2022-11-15-110506.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your Nvidia GTX 970 is not supported in macOS Monterey, as there are no drivers for the Maxwell or Pascal series of cards in any of the recent releases of macOS.

The last version of macOS to support your dGPU was High Sierra and you needed to use the Nvidia Web Drivers, as it is not a natively supported Kepler series card.

Have a look at te GPU Buyers Guide for confirmation regarding your graphics card.

Novanatur

AMD OS X Member
Your Nvidia GTX 970 is not supported in macOS Monterey, as there are no drivers for the Maxwell or Pascal series of cards in any of the recent releases of macOS.

The last version of macOS to support your dGPU was High Sierra and you needed to use the Nvidia Web Drivers, as it is not a natively supported Kepler series card.

Have a look at te GPU Buyers Guide for confirmation regarding your graphics card.

Ive seen builts withe the 970 and Monterey, ist there no option to get it to work?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
What are you asking for? Validation that the other posts you have read are correct? I didn't say it can't be done, just that the card is not supported in recent versions of macOS. You would be better served using a supported AMD card.

You can try installing macOS with your Nvidia GPU. If you do I would recommend you start with High Sierra, before you try a newer version. As all that will do is cause you unnecessary stress and work trying to get an unsupported dGPU working.

Once you have High Sierra up and running with the Nvidia Web Drivers, I would recommend you clone the High Sierra drive. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper to create the clone, I use old laptop drives for Clones. This is so you always have a spare drive to fall back on, when you inevitably mess up your macOS drive with a newer version of macOS installed.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.