Memory Modules Misconfigured - Mac Pro 7,1 (Big Sur)

iamprabhuantony

AMD OS X Member
The disabler does not work anymore with MacOS Big Sur. Any one Tried? Please guide. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 12.09.10 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 12.09.10 AM.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 95

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've shortly looked at the code and it seems to patch things on a very low level that can easily brake with major version updates. Kext needs to be updated for BigSur to work.

Cx330

AMD OS X Member
Sorry, I cannot see your files because of the internet in my home country. But I think you are missing this driver patch (Innie.kext). I don’t speak English, so I translate it by Google. Please forgive me for grammatical errors.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The issue is with Lilu. User space patching is currently broken on Big Sur. Change your SMBios to iMacPro1,1 or live with the message till it's updated. It's only a cosmetic issue.

agent2

Donator
Donator
Look in the Dortania Post-Install Guide under Big Sur. They have a dedicated section on fixing that issue in your config.plist instead of using the outdated kext.

EDIT: There are two major threads here that deal with this issue. You can also refer to those.

Last edited:

iGPU

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The disabler does not work anymore with MacOS Big Sur. Any one Tried? Please guide. Thanks!

Maybe look at this post on how to set up DIMMs in OC. This will eliminate the error msg and give a proper Memory tab under the "About This Mac" menu item.

Using RestrictEvents is separate matter and will restructure the Memory tab while removing the PCI tab.

fullfunk

AMD OS X Member
You need add in config.plist your memory total size calculate from 16gb to bytes then fill the data where the real memory dimms are , then fill the rest with dummy data as in the example of mine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 15.51.03.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 15.51.03.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 23

reinierlazo

AMD OS X Member
you have to use RestrictEvents.kext

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.