macOS Sonoma - Unable to get past this error (I had a working EFI folder but after a BIOS update, this happened) - Please help

arunhk3

AMD OS X Member
Hi All,

I have been trying to boot my install which was working right before a BIOS update, but after the update I could see that the MMIO areas have changed where I made necessary changes to the MMIO Whitelist.

But I am unable to get past this error.

Attached my EFI folder for some fresh eyes, as I am tired looking at this issue right for more than 6 hours straight.

Please shed some light.

Opencore version: 0.9.9 DEBUG
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+
MB: Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
RAM: G-Skill Z5 Neo 30-38-38-96 - 6000 MHz
LAN: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8125 Gaming 2.5GbE Family Ethernet Controller

My BIOS settings:

• Fast Boot - Disabled
  • Secure Boot - Disabled
  • Serial/COM Port - Disabled
  • Parallel Port - Not available in BIOS
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) - Disabled
  • IOMMU - Disabled
  • Above 4G Decoding - Enabled
  • XHCI - Enabled
  • OS type: OtherOS (Standard)
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
  • ReSize BAR: Enabled(ON)
For some reason, it says server error when I tried to upload the EFI folder (zipped). So sharing the Google Drive link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kSz2DluJ24prN_Sak6Q0uVx1ex3ep8_M/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Arun

Attachments

• Error.PNG
    Error.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi All,

I have been trying to boot my install which was working right before a BIOS update, but after the update I could see that the MMIO areas have changed where I made necessary changes to the MMIO Whitelist.

But I am unable to get past this error.

Attached my EFI folder for some fresh eyes, as I am tired looking at this issue right for more than 6 hours straight.

Please shed some light.

Thanks,
Arun
With what hardware? No one will no how to help without you listing your components.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
My bad. Just updated the information :)
If you have already double checked your bios settings I would try and downgrade the bios to the version you were running before prior to the update. The latest bios versions for AMD5 boards adds support for the 8000 series processors which causes the issue you are having, there are several examples here in the forum. Some users have added a DSDT to their EFI to overcome that but my understanding is each board requires its own version specially crafted to work. A bio downgrade via flashback would accomplish the same thing.

arunhk3

AMD OS X Member
If you have already double checked your bios settings I would try and downgrade the bios to the version you were running before prior to the update. The latest bios versions for AMD5 boards adds support for the 8000 series processors which causes the issue you are having, there are several examples here in the forum. Some users have added a DSDT to their EFI to overcome that but my understanding is each board requires its own version specially crafted to work. A bio downgrade via flashback would accomplish the same thing.

That's what I did and it solved the isue for me!

Also could you point me to a post where adding this DSDT and creafting is done. I would possible have a look :)

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That's what I did and it solved the isue for me!

Also could you point me to a post where adding this DSDT and creafting is done. I would possible have a look :)
There isn't one that I am aware of that shows how the SSDT was made. There is a post somewhere on this forum where the issue was first identified and then shortly thereafter @Lorys89 stepped in and created at first the DSDT. Then sometime after that it was changed to a modified SSDT.

arunhk3

AMD OS X Member
There isn't one that I am aware of that shows how the SSDT was made. There is a post somewhere on this forum where the issue was first identified and then shortly thereafter @Lorys89 stepped in and created at first the DSDT. Then sometime after that it was changed to a modified SSDT.
Hi leesurone,

I followed ther post by Lorys89, as in below:

It fixed the issue for me and I am on the new BIOS where macOS Sonoma loaded fine now.

Thanks for the direction and you are wonderful :)

arunhk3

AMD OS X Member
Hi leesurone,

It fixed the issue for me and I am on the new BIOS where macOS Sonoma loaded fine now.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Okay

sasta

AMD OS X Member
Hi leesurone,

I have the same mobo but I can't install Mac OS in any way.
Could you please share your working EFI with the latest BIOS ? (which bios version are you on?)
Thank you in advance

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
Hi sasta ! EFI here.

sasta

AMD OS X Member
Thank you. I will try this, but arunhk3's setup is almost the same as mine. It would probably fit easier

jan001232

AMD OS X Member

arunhk3

AMD OS X Member
Thank you. I will try this, but arunhk3's setup is almost the same as mine. It would probably fit easier

Hi Sasta,

Sorry for the late reply! Had issues with my PC and after a long struggle replaced my PSU as it was found to be faulty!

Please find the attached EFI folder which works perfectly fine with my setup.

Thanks,
Arun

Attachments

• efi.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.